• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I survived , both me and my gear got a total testing last night , it decided to chuck it down for most of the night , the swans and the geese decided to have a fight for rest of the night right i

just about to pop out for a couple of hours with my son,  just a short one to see how he copes with the pressure of carp angling live (he has been practicing on a fishing game on his tablet) oh a

Posted Images

I feel for you Ddgx .

Maybe you could kid yourself that it's going to chuck it down tomorrow , and you and your gear would all get soaked and all the cold water entering the river would put the fish off the feed .

I hope you soon have another opportunity to get out .

Funny you should say that. The forecast is genuinely rain from about 9am til late afternoon some of it thundery. I'd happily sit and blank just to be out :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Going Sunday evening for 3 nights.

Little trip to the tackle shop tomorrow to stock up on my surface fishing gear then I'm good to go.

Saturday or Sunday for me until Thursday. The day I go is dependant on seeing my daughter this weekend, what day she can manage.

Yea me,did a 4hr session after work with my 9 year old,his 1st real bash at angling. Did about 35 fish,7 species and fish to 3lb...... He liked it and said he'd go again

Edited by snowmanstevo

Just bumped into Kevs neighbour, Jim he just been and got his ticket, 10 members and the lake empty, no known fish over 30,  and not easy, so no one wants to know, i am glad but amazed, in the summer the place is so lovely it takes your breath away, the lillies now in flower and trees from all over the world , its got the wow factor but no takers, puzzled.

haha! i would be right in there bud, distance and the wifes love dictate otherwise tho, i chucked the wifes love in there cos i dont think it would last long if i were spending the housekeeping on fuel to come down twice a week lol

Just bumped into Kevs neighbour, Jim he just been and got his ticket, 10 members and the lake empty, no known fish over 30, and not easy, so no one wants to know, i am glad but amazed, in the summer the place is so lovely it takes your breath away, the lillies now in flower and trees from all over the world , its got the wow factor but no takers, puzzled.

Sounds lovely cm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They want a picturesque lake all to themselves, fish that are easy to catch and that are big. Nice weather all year and it has to be less than a mile away and cheap. Also the time you have on there has to be double the actual time so when you walk through the gates it's like a twilight zone! Ha ha

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well thankfully with my two club tickets one club ticket having some challenging waters I shouldn't have an issue getting on now......bayeswater is another nut yet to be cracked and I'll suffer the not getting on and the blanks until I have at least one of its residents in my net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by spr1985

They want a picturesque lake all to themselves, fish that are easy to catch and that are big. Nice weather all year and it has to be less than a mile away and cheap. Also the time you have on there has to be double the actual time so when you walk through the gates it's like a twilight zone! Ha ha

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yup that's pretty much what I want [emoji39] [emoji39]

Just bumped into Kevs neighbour, Jim he just been and got his ticket, 10 members and the lake empty, no known fish over 30,  and not easy, so no one wants to know, i am glad but amazed, in the summer the place is so lovely it takes your breath away, the lillies now in flower and trees from all over the world , its got the wow factor but no takers, puzzled.

Might have something to do with all the supplement feeding a certain members does :wink::lol:

On a serious note it might be an interesting experiment if you stopped prebaiting for a month or two .... see if the fishing improves. Cutting out your 20k a week of free food might just make baiting while fishing more productive.

With over 200 carp plus your big head of silvers I can see the particle isn't the issue. The guys that use particle up Horseshoe reckon tge carp see very little of it with all the rudd , so agree with you there.

Seems strange you have a small uptake as it looked nice in the photos that were put up after your little social.

Edited by chillfactor