It's not often I get the weather right but did today....

Had booked a swim (my fancied one) at White Cottage but saw the predicted weather forecast getting worse and worse.

I emailed the "secretary" on Monday to say that I was pulling out due to the impending weather, but immediately I did so I got the dreaded feeling of have I done the right thing.

Whenever I usually pull out of something in advance (like golf) due to looking at the forecast I live to regret it. The actual day always turns out to be the complete opposite and I end up kicking myself.

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day for fishing, and I thought that things couldn't change so much overnight.....this morning I have woken up to howling winds and the rain is absolutely sheeting down.

For once, the forecast was right.

Going to spend the day in the warm tying some new rigs and meet up with the daughter for lunch.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I survived , both me and my gear got a total testing last night , it decided to chuck it down for most of the night , the swans and the geese decided to have a fight for rest of the night right i

just about to pop out for a couple of hours with my son,  just a short one to see how he copes with the pressure of carp angling live (he has been practicing on a fishing game on his tablet) oh a

Posted Images

Wasnt going to fish this weekend being as the weather hasn't made its mind up and settled yet, but as my mate had cancelled his charter trip due to weather this Saturday, i thought what the hell if we dont catch we will put the world to rights and drink several gallons of coffee .

End result last night ,4 Carp to my mate and 2 to me with a third lost.

Interesting Dayvid, weather fronts moving at 30 miles an hour, and me 100 miles north of you, food for thought mate, looks good for the next two days, might risk it in the morning .

I'll be out for the morning too mate hopefully will have a couple......one will do though [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting Dayvid, weather fronts moving at 30 miles an hour, and me 100 miles north of you, food for thought mate, looks good for the next two days, might risk it in the morning .

I'm going after work Thursday.

If it stays the same the pressure is supposed to drop throughout the day so reckon I'll be fishing at a good time.

The rain never hit us untill around 4:00am although the wind did start to pick up around 11:00pm and by then the cloud had hidden the moon completely, so pressure was dropping all the time .

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day for fishing, and I thought that things couldn't change so much overnight.....this morning I have woken up to howling winds and the rain is absolutely sheeting down.

Deja Vu...

Might have to think about changing my day off from Wednesdays.

Same thing this morning.

Chucking it down and windy again.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I'm not getting out for a while, alas, too busy, weather is awful down here for the forseeable, and I have some major replacements to make.. but to b honest I don't care as much as I have in the past because I am lucky in that I live near the sea and this has given me the opportunity to rekindle my old fondness for sea fishing, and I'm loving getting back into it, just spent a small fortune on a load of little bits and pieces and backup freezer bait etc.

Interesting where are you ? As in the summer quite fancy going for the soothhounds.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk