• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I survived , both me and my gear got a total testing last night , it decided to chuck it down for most of the night , the swans and the geese decided to have a fight for rest of the night right i

just about to pop out for a couple of hours with my son,  just a short one to see how he copes with the pressure of carp angling live (he has been practicing on a fishing game on his tablet) oh a

Posted Images

I did it when i was his age, besides, he has a mobile, ipad etc so he's good. Got more than i bloomin had at that age too

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

No offence phil i think children are spoilt with technology, i would rather they get out and enjoy the fresh are . Making bases climbing trees fishing. Not stuck in front of a tv .

I think a mobile phone is a good thing but also a bad thing as connected to the Internet.

But again of you dont get your child a console hes open to bullying just cant win.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

No offence phil i think children are spoilt with technology, i would rather they get out and enjoy the fresh are . Making bases climbing trees fishing. Not stuck in front of a tv .

I think a mobile phone is a good thing but also a bad thing as connected to the Internet.

But again of you dont get your child a console hes open to bullying just cant win.

They sure are, couldn't agree more, the internet is a silent beast. 15 years ago you wouldn't know a mouse farted in Uganda, front page news now on Facebook, Google, whatever. They say the world has developed more, its due to internet. Imagine i wanted to learn something 15 years ago, i would have to wait to find someone who knew, now i just YouTube it

They sure are, couldn't agree more, the internet is a silent beast. 15 years ago you wouldn't know a mouse farted in Uganda, front page news now on Facebook, Google, whatever. They say the world has developed more, its due to internet. Imagine i wanted to learn something 15 years ago, i would have to wait to find someone who knew, now i just YouTube it

I agree YouTube is amazing but whats wrong with the library or going to tackle shops and asking for advice thats what we did as kids..

Because if you can find one still open, its populated by a 20 something lad who hasnt a clue.

I must admit that is true of many tackle shops, although I like to think that a few around my area are exceptions.

While the Internet is a good thing there are also bad points, as with all things.

I must admit that I would prefer that my kids learnt from being outdoors, as well as the Internet.

A Sunday for me this week, just made some super stinky cheese paste, got some crushed pellet groundbait, so I have a feeling that barbel and chub could be a good target.

Nick will never see 20 again  :P

I will :lol:

It will just be when my youngest two children reach that age :wink:

Nick is the kind of bloke you would like running your tackle shop, these days it aint the case very often.

Nice you think that, Cheers.

I agree YouTube is amazing but whats wrong with the library or going to tackle shops and asking for advice thats what we did as kids..

Its funny you mentioned the library as I went there last friday. There were 3 sea fishing books & 2 other books which were John Baileys fishing bible & the complete fishing manual by Henry Gilbey, I took both out.

The lady did say that they had a budget to update parts of the library that were laking & asked me to give her a list of books & authors. Not got round to it yet but think ill give 3/4x carp, coarse, & fly fishing. If anyone has any suggestions to help me then send me a pm please.

After asking the bloke that ran our local tackle shop 3 times for a Wychwood Solace 60" brolly and never hearing a dicky bird back from him makes me realise why some are still struggling.

Mines pretty spot on tbh, they havnt got the best range of carp tackle in store but will order anything in for you. I remember when I was after some sensor clear in 12lb a couple of months back & they didnt have it on hand so got someone to drive to a pals shop of his to get it for me so I could go fishing on my planned day!!.

Mines pretty spot on tbh, they havnt got the best range of carp tackle in store but will order anything in for you. I remember when I was after some sensor clear in 12lb a couple of months back & they didnt have it on hand so got someone to drive to a pals shop of his to get it for me so I could go fishing on my planned day!!.

Books mate defo kevin nash .

Books mate defo kevin nash .

Top of my list bud :) he's just released a new one but I think you can only get it through carp cast, if they cant get hold of it, I think ill get it myself, read it then donate it to them for letting me choose what books to get in.

Got til friday to get the list done, as there maybe a chance for them to get the books in before xmas.

Fishing a commie on Saturday with a mate.

We have set ourselves a little challenge.

We have to try and catch a roach over 1lb, a perch over 2lb and a carp over 10lb.

If we both achieve then the winner will be the one whose 3 fish add up to the most weight.

Loser buys mcdonalds on the way home.

Sweet, ive got a comp on, biggest carp. Winner gets a case of hobgoblin! Im winning at mo! Ha ha

Now we've got no car the mrs cant work weekends :) so I can finally do some long sessions on the park lake :). However that means pushing all my gear to the bank :/. Just need to go early as possible so I dont get so many wierd looks :(.

I do that anyway walk to park with gear in tow had a few looks but hoof um mate. Am off fishing

Fishing a commie on Saturday with a mate.

We have set ourselves a little challenge.

We have to try and catch a roach over 1lb, a perch over 2lb and a carp over 10lb.

If we both achieve then the winner will be the one whose 3 fish add up to the most weight.

Loser buys mcdonalds on the way home.

Love that.

I used to go fishing with a mate and we'd specify requirements for what we used to call a 'Hoegaarden fish' prior to fishing. That might be a 2lb perch, a 4 lb chub, a double figure pike, whatever. However, when we did it the WINNER (i.e. whoever caught the Hoegaarden fish) got to run the forfeit - which was to buy a pint of Hoegaarden for the other on the way home.

This was years ago now but to this day (even though we no longer fish together) we still text each other a pic of a real biggie we've caught with the word 'Hoegaarden' tagged on.

I do that anyway walk to park with gear in tow had a few looks but hoof um mate. Am off fishing

I should be ok when I get to the park, luckily its only a 5min walk, its walking past the big row of shops I feel like all eyes are on me. But your right sod em.

I had a walk around there today & the water as risen quite abit plus theres alot less birds then before so im hoping to have a good wk end on there. Fingers crossed :)

I should be ok when I get to the park, luckily its only a 5min walk, its walking past the big row of shops I feel like all eyes are on me. But your right sod em.

I had a walk around there today & the water as risen quite abit plus theres alot less birds then before so im hoping to have a good wk end on there. Fingers crossed :)

You will be fine bud it takes about an hour n half to get there walking.