Anyone fishing?

rosstheangler

But it has 40s in there have on 5 min walk but low teens

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Thats not to bad then, if you've only got a few hours or so. There are a good few pools around me but ive never fished them yet. When the spring comes I may try them, one of them is sandwell vally park I dont even know if theres any carp in there & Edgbaston reservoir I think there everything in there. I would love to try Barstons but id have to get on the train to get there & I dont know if they would allow me on with all my gear.

Thats not to bad then, if you've only got a few hours or so. There are a good few pools around me but ive never fished them yet. When the spring comes I may try them, one of them is sandwell vally park I dont even know if theres any carp in there & Edgbaston reservoir I think there everything in there. I would love to try Barstons but id have to get on the train to get there & I dont know if they would allow me on with all my gear.

On train with rods i know south west do as use then quite a bit.

Good luck post a catch report ? As thinking this weather might shock them a bit.

Cheers bud & will do. When I had a walk around yesterday everything felt right so im hoping the conditions stay the same. Plus I really want to try out some new bait that someone kindly sent me.

Fishing a commie on Saturday with a mate.

We have set ourselves a little challenge.

We have to try and catch a roach over 1lb, a perch over 2lb and a carp over 10lb.

If we both achieve then the winner will be the one whose 3 fish add up to the most weight.

Loser buys mcdonalds on the way home.

No one had to buy mcdonalds.

We had loads of roach , unfortunately all smaller than half a pound.

No perch.

And up until 2,45pm I was looking at a blank for the carp.

Then I decided that as the lake we were at used to hold a lot of matches before the carp got too big I would bait heavily in the right hand margin bang on 3 o'clock.

10 past 3 had a nice mirror just under 11lb.

By 4 o'clock I'd had 4 in total all around the 10lb barrier.

I'll never forget a Christmas many, many, (many!!), years ago (must be about 50!!).

My Mum had bought my older brothers beautiful split cane rod off of him, together with a load of other bits and pieces etc. and given it to me as a Christmas present.

I was soooo excited. Boxing day I walked about 5 miles across fields and climbed loads of five bar gates to get to "The Daff"...  a lovely secluded lake on a farmers property that we used to fish regularly.

How was I to know, as I made my way across the frosty ground, that it would have a lid on it.

We didn't have the internet in those days...... :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Edited by smufter

Some milder weather coming later in the week, that's when I would be planning to go Ghost hunter . Let those over night Temps be above freezing for a couple of nights :wink:

Came by the lake just down the road from work this morning and it had a lid on it.

Just hoping the temps increase slightly over the next two nights as I'm due to go out on Wednesday for the day.

Came by the lake just down the road from work this morning and it had a lid on it.Just hoping the temps increase slightly over the next two nights as I'm due to go out on Wednesday for the day.

you might just be get away with it but later in the week would be better . My farm pond has been frozen for well over 2 weeks now . If you do get out I would be definitely be heading for where the sun has been hitting the water the most anything shaded all day has remained frozen solid .

Some milder weather coming later in the week, that's when I would be planning to go Ghost hunter . Let those over night Temps be above freezing for a couple of nights :wink:

Ive just been checking the weather & your spot on. Ill wait til weds I think & trickle some bait in later & tomorrow.

Ah well looks like building that wormary then :)

you might just be get away with it but later in the week would be better . My farm pond has been frozen for well over 2 weeks now . If you do get out I would be definitely be heading for where the sun has been hitting the water the most anything shaded all day has remained frozen solid .

Can only go Wednesday this week as it's my official day off.

Hopefully will be okay.

If not, it's back to tying rigs

Fishing saturday at my park lake, the one thats rock hard. Last time i fished it no fish had been out for 2 weeks, i turn up flick 3 rods out. By 9.30 i get a screaming run, play it for a bit, trying not to bully it, looked half decent too, hook pulls just as i get it to the net, gutted is not the word!!!. So back this week for revenge, to have only bite in 2 weeks and lose it, i could of cried!

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Fishing saturday at my park lake, the one thats rock hard. Last time i fished it no fish had been out for 2 weeks, i turn up flick 3 rods out. By 9.30 i get a screaming run, play it for a bit, trying not to bully it, looked half decent too, hook pulls just as i get it to the net, gutted is not the word!!!. So back this week for revenge, to have only bite in 2 weeks and lose it, i could of cried!

I'm not out this weekend coming but did the night on my park lake, as far as I know no carp have been caught from it this year! Although it's not been fished heavily at all by anyone.

Good luck bud, I know that feeling all to well with the park lake I fish. It does feel that bit better when you finally get one In the net though.