• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well I survived , both me and my gear got a total testing last night , it decided to chuck it down for most of the night , the swans and the geese decided to have a fight for rest of the night right i

just about to pop out for a couple of hours with my son,  just a short one to see how he copes with the pressure of carp angling live (he has been practicing on a fishing game on his tablet) oh a

Posted Images

Another day trip tomorrow, maybe a few fish or two, taking the light carp gear, 2.5lb rods, biggest fish may just make doubles, no need for the long casting gear.

A bucket of mixed pellets, crushed boilies and minies, all covered in Marine 17 should keep them munching, plus a bag of dog biscuits and a loaf of bread in case they come onto the surface.

I've got the green light for a 72hr session the weekend after Easter in another state (7hr drive).   The only issue is that camping/bivvies are not allowed, so it's brolly up after dark and down before first light...going to be quite tiring.
On the plus side, there's plenty of 20's and 30's in the lake.....I will probably manage to avoid every single one of them. :)

Off for a few hours in abit, had a quick look at the lake yesterday & my old swim still looks good. There were one or two patrolling the middle channel, though I did slightly slip out the tree & broke my polars, going to have to get a new pair the weekend.

Gonna be on corn & pellet in the channel, the third rod ill bang out a white scopex dumbbell with a few broke up in a pva bag near to where the people feed the ducks. Might catch one out.

23 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Another day trip tomorrow, maybe a few fish or two, taking the light carp gear, 2.5lb rods, biggest fish may just make doubles, no need for the long casting gear.

A bucket of mixed pellets, crushed boilies and minies, all covered in Marine 17 should keep them munching, plus a bag of dog biscuits and a loaf of bread in case they come onto the surface.

Did you have a more enjoyable session this time than your last trip to the Lea Valley , Nick ? .

:)

GDid a 6 hour session on my lake yesterday & didnt do to well. I managed 3 fish in total, 1st was 6.9lb. 2nd was around the 9lb spot (ill come back to fish later) 

The 3rd fish I got on the white dumbell was 9.5 but the new was soaked so I say more like 9-9'2.

Back to the second fish, when I was bringing it in a thought I had tangled with some fishing to close!!!!.

Turns out this fish had been trailing a good 30ft mainline, 3ft of leadcore & the rig 2 1/2 lead with size 2 hook, biggest hook ive uses on here is a wide gap 6.

If recall one of my last trips last nov I had a case of this but the carp was only 3ish pound.

Im gonna be watching like a hawk from now.

Anyway heads up its spring :wink:

11 hours ago, crusian said:

Did you have a more enjoyable session this time than your last trip to the Lea Valley , Nick ? .

:)

Nothing massive, a few fish, wasn't counting.

Very quiet then I started PVA bagging hemp and maize with the other bits, the takes just materialised from nothing.

On 06/04/2017 at 08:11, salokcinnodrog said:

Nothing massive, a few fish, wasn't counting.

Very quiet then I started PVA bagging hemp and maize with the other bits, the takes just materialised from nothing.

Hi Nick

I've had more luck on Hemp and Sweetcorn , but I see you went for Hemp and Maize ; is that because Maize ( I think I've read ) accounts for bigger fish as it's harder than Sweetcorn ? 

🎣

6 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hi Nick

I've had more luck on Hemp and Sweetcorn , but I see you went for Hemp and Maize ; is that because Maize ( I think I've read ) accounts for bigger fish as it's harder than Sweetcorn ? 

🎣

Simply because I still had some Crafty Catcher ready prepared hemp and maize left:wink:

I normally have some tins of Sweetcorn hanging around 'just in case', and although it's not as good, there is always a bag of frozen around as well, but for some reason I didn't take any with me.

Also a coincidence that maize is harder and may be more crayfish proof or resistant. We think there are Signals in there, a few boilies came back with chunks missing.

Got permission to do Saturday night there, so a large bucket of Pigeon seed has been soaked and boiled, with added Aniseed liquid.

On 4/4/2017 at 18:59, crusian said:

Don't leave us dangling Smufter , what happened ? .

I know there are a few Purple Line users on here .

On 4/5/2017 at 21:02, crusian said:

Was the Purple Line too blinging and scared the Carp off , or is it misbehaving ? .

Line is doing everything I ask of it Crusian, it's not the line.

I'm just looking for excuses....

I think I'll go try to get my confidence back on an easier water soon. I've never had such a run of blanks since I started fishing all those years ago.
Just coincides with when I loaded my reels up with DPF.
Of course, it's not me is it? 
:shock:

Going for a day session on a runs water tomorrow, been getting the gear all ready today, just finished making a bucket of vitalin and sweetcorn. All I need to do now is root through the compost bin for some worms and I'll be ready lol hopefully I'll have my first fish of the year tomorrow :D

13 hours ago, smufter said:

I think I'll go try to get my confidence back on an easier water soon. I've never had such a run of blanks since I started fishing all those years ago.

Good idea  Smufter , go and get your confidence back on an easier water ; then when you know there's no problems with your rigs and bait   you can try a more challenging water .

Tight lines .

🎣

On 4/8/2017 at 05:37, smufter said:

There was a lad on Barston yesterday who was using the purple line, he had had a blinding session, had a 22lb ghostie, a couple of nice commons and a few mirrors all around the 20lb mark.

That place will be packed this weekend, it was filling up yesterday, the Scottish carp team had traveled down for the weekend too, they will all be side by side by the end of today.

No fishing for me, i'm off to the Cotwolds for the day, bit of trout tickling in Bourton on the Water maybe.

Edited by Carpbell_ll

well I survived , both me and my gear got a total testing last night , it decided to chuck it down for most of the night , the swans and the geese decided to have a fight for rest of the night right in my swim , I'm glad that I went for the blolly system and not just the brolly its self  I had the front part zipped on  but the door open , I did get a bit cold as I've not sorted out a decent sleeping bag yet , only one fish out just on 10lb common , was nice to have a fish as it was a new venue and the first night I've fished in around 20 years , back home now to dry everything out , and a hot shower 

dave 

Sea fishing for me tomorrow, I'll be float fishing and maybe a bit of dropshotting off a rock mark and then on the canal Monday, I'll be putting one rod of 2 bits of pop up corn and see if I can get a few bream or tench and the other is going on boilie. Both will be fished over a bed of vitalin/corn/boilies :)

Edited by jh92
On 04/02/2017 at 21:53, salokcinnodrog said:

The wire holding the spokes in place snapped again. It's whether I can be bothered to repair it again. It takes about 2 hours to to as I have to snip the second wire on the arm, take the spokes out of the holders at the outside, and put them back in the right order (4 spokes have storm pole attachments), then rewire it in order one by one.

It is a pain in the rectum!

Had to do this exact repair to my scope brolly on Thursday! But all good now, didn't even use it when I was out yesterday's bayeswater (blanked again)

hopefully going  to bayeswater again tomorrow evening for an overnight.....but we shall see