Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Nutcracker

Blankety Blank Blank

I actually have first hand proof that people see colours differently. I own a printing company, my machine minder on occasions has seen blue more purple to others reds more darker etc. I think no one see's the exact same colour, far from it

http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/underwater-photography-lighting-fundamentals

offers some insight. I believe it makes no difference but then as stated in the link, horizontal difference needs to be factored in. 

Yes a carp may see differently to a human but this is about absorption of colour in to the water. SO regardless if the fish sees red as green it will still have the same outcome because WE as humans have proven that what we know as RED goes first, the orange, yellow, green, blue, etc.

It's like you saying an orange is orange. I might see it as blue but in my head I will think that blue is orange because its all I know. If all the orange in the world was invisible, I wouldnt see the orange. I wouldnt be a miracle and be able to to see it in blue

There's a train of thought that carp feel lines and not see them,hence they shy away after bumping into them. Lenny Middleton used bright sea line in a bid to make it obviously visible. Dunno if it worked.

A few years ago leads were coloured to find out if carp could see them or if they were just curious and then shrink tube in the  main bait colours .I think I still have the packets stored away .it's what korda do now with coloured kickers. We did it years ago. 

2 hours ago, greekskii said:

tbf I got a few pink leads with my last order because quite a few have raved about them. Doubt I'll ever use them though!

Do you use done by any chance? I've heard a lot of people raving about pink and white leads.....I just can't bring myself to try them knowing my luck mr/Mrs carp would pick that up instead of the bait! 

7 hours ago, phil dalts said:

Gotta love purple line! I still think its a confidence thing. Remember when mat hayes was using red line for carp? Unless a carp can actually speak and say whether it can see the line or not we will never truly know. No matter how many scientific tests and so on. It may be proven but here's one for ya- 

Are carp colour blind? If so a red line will be brown and hard to see, just a thought 

I watched some documentry that suggested animals only see in red weather its true or not i dunno but im sure i read an artical somewhere that matty wrote explaining the subject and the reason why he was using red line.

45 minutes ago, smufter said:

Blankety blank cheque book and pen so far. Not a bleep for either of us.. 

Its still early bite time at 5 :D.

I have just took my first walk around one of my club waters a 3 acre lake in the middle of the woods ... dunno if i could do a night there its creepy during the day lol.

Did see plenty of crusiers thoe suns out ... get on the floaters smurf.

Edited by DEANO30

2 hours ago, smufter said:

And the blanks continue.... severely cheesed off with things now. Beginning to think I'm cursed! 

nooooooooooooooo i feel your pain , it was a very humid and close feeling day yesterday , maybe that put them off mate . 

dave 

On 5/17/2017 at 08:23, fangus15 said:

Did you try zigs 

No mate. I don't "do" zigs.

Seriously thinking of giving it a break until my holiday (July 1st) what with spawning and my lack of recent results. I'd like to head off to France full of hope and anticipation rather than on the back of yet another blank lol!

Started sorting all my gear out, new batts in alarms, tidied up rig box and tied a few new rigs etc.

Bait all sorted and a couple of small items on order to ring the changes.

There's plenty of stuff around the house/garden I can be getting on with so not going to be totally bored.

:shock: