Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
bluelabel

A pre-emptive thread...

This weekend I've been over to Stourport on Severn for a mate's 60th birthday do... The party venue was right next to the Stourport Basin.... God, I never wanted to wet a line so much in me life... I had a drop-shot rod and some lures in the boot of the car, but the close season on the river precluded their use...

So there I was sat in a boozer, surrounding a few pints of Banks's Mild, when SWMBO said she was out at a horse show on the Monday.... I whipped out the phone and called up Jim (his missus answered) and booked a day on Honeypot, just been sorting through my Dwarf setup and loading the car... and I'm all set... just gotta blank me bottom off and then do the write up tomorrow

Tight lines chaps8)

17 hours ago, cloud9 said:

wtf .... I have no idea just what this means , please explain 

dave 

its midlands speak for 'catchin nuffin'

or carp angler speak for 'had nowt'

or as londoners would say, "i cant understand where my proffered method is failing, i NORMALLY get the results i require" its a blank! :wink:

20 hours ago, bluelabel said:

This weekend I've been over to Stourport on Severn for a mate's 60th birthday do... The party venue was right next to the Stourport Basin.... God, I never wanted to wet a line so much in me life... I had a drop-shot rod and some lures in the boot of the car, but the close season on the river precluded their use...

So there I was sat in a boozer, surrounding a few pints of Banks's Mild, when SWMBO said she was out at a horse show on the Monday.... I whipped out the phone and called up Jim (his missus answered) and booked a day on Honeypot, just been sorting through my Dwarf setup and loading the car... and I'm all set... just gotta blank me bottom off and then do the write up tomorrow

Tight lines chaps8)

a couple of mile downstream from there is probably some of the best sport for carp, barbel and chub on the severn, the island split at holt fleet.

Well I got to the water at about 07.00 and the gates were still locked and a row of cars was sat outside... we all put the world to rights while waiting for Jim to drag his harris out of bed... He turned up at 07.15 to a few good natured comments about not being able to get out of the wife in the morning and we all piled in,  I unloaded the motor and I headed off round the lake, I dropped into "The Rocks" swim, so called because of all the rubble embedded in the bankside... makes for fun getting the brolly pegs in, but it's close to an island and a little channel with a gulley close in...

I dropped two "Sticky Signature" pop ups  with a sprinkle of bottom baits out close to the island on Ronnies and sat back for an hour while nowt happened, so I rebaited and dropped both into the gulley a few rod lengths out.... nuffink... the morning whiled away into the afternoon... I scanned the water and did I see anything move...? nope...! not a sausage, zip, nada... tons of birds tho.... dunno if they were martins, swifts, or swallows, (dark backs, cream bellies & forked tails) but they were zinging about like little X-Wing fighters... there must've been a big hatch going on as the air was black with the little so and so's, (which could probably explain the lack of carpy action..) I tried a variety of pop ups and bottom baits, to no avail... I did think about moving, but where to...? there were no signs of fish showing and there were not that many swims left vacant, so I opted to stick it out over my baited spots in the forlorn hope of a pick up...

The weather was bloomin' nippy, the wind was a north-easterly, I chose to sit on the back of it, thinking the fish wouldn't stay on the south westerly bank in the cold, I ended up putting the brolly up as the rain was coming in horizontally at times, but once under cover it wasn't too bad... The highlight of the day was a savage liner which saw me bound athletically for the rods... (well, more like a sort of crouching shuffle with a lot of huffing and grunting) but the culprit was a grebe... must take tea instead of coffee next time... I was up and down like a tarts knickers to the loo and the cold weather didn't help... I think my next trip out is going to be Old Skool with cane rods and vintage reels on a club water...

maybe better luck then

Tight lines

On 5/1/2017 at 16:09, cyborx said:

a couple of mile downstream from there is probably some of the best sport for carp, barbel and chub on the severn, the island split at holt fleet.

Where my mate lives is a hop across the fields to Maver Larford......  It has some huge carp in it's depths, I've only fished it the once though.... had a couple of doubles out

I fished Bewdley a few times on the BAA Trimpley stretch, caught loads of Barbel there,