Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

after all , five of you fished it last week , all 5 on different baits and styles , all caught fish , then there's jim sitting behind static rods and buzzers for the 8th time , I would say that after those  8 sessions at least some fish have visited the area where hes fishing and nothing has picked up his baits ..  

dave 

22 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Not to knock anyone but angling ability I think is more to blame than anything else in any situation. I said it a while back in another topic. We only have ourselves to blame. 

part of our ability should be when to recognise that we need to change something , I wondering if jim had been doing well up to the last 8 sessions ?

dave 

15 minutes ago, cloud9 said:

part of our ability should be when to recognise that we need to change something , I wondering if jim had been doing well up to the last 8 sessions ?

dave 

Given the size of the water in question I doubt if anyone has no fish in front of them for any great length of time and so if Jim has suffered 8 blanks it would suggest something needs to be changed.

Don't know what mind!

Cheers

Ian

1 hour ago, greekskii said:

Not to knock anyone but angling ability I think is more to blame than anything else in any situation. I said it a while back in another topic. We only have ourselves to blame. 

19 minutes ago, ianfrog said:

Given the size of the water in question I doubt if anyone has no fish in front of them for any great length of time and so if Jim has suffered 8 blanks it would suggest something needs to be changed.

Don't know what mind!

Cheers

Ian

I had to change tactics. Still didn't get it completely right, but I caught. I do need to improve on my casting though (still), need to find margins I can fish :lol:

Half of my mates problem is that he does have a good day on occasion and then spends every session replicating the way he fished on that day, works sometimes but when the going gets tough, he has no plan b other than to change boilies, nice lad but he dont listen much.

Baits very lightly and as CM said no plan b really. Need to be adaptable. Main thing is accuracy and clipping up to a spot to either hit it over and over again or to get tight to the island/snag. Inches make a difference. 

The castle ashby day ticket lake. If you fish 6 inches from the island you'll catch all day. Fish a foot away and your catch rate will halve at least. Says it all.