Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
harpz_31

Little rituals

I have a bit of an odd one.... when I'm counting the turns on grinners or blood knots I have to start with the word 'GO' instead of number 1 i.e. I'll say (in my head) GO, 1, 2, 3, 4 for a 5 turn grinner (so i never actually say the final number of the last turn). If I just counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5..... I'd blank, obviously.

I don't know why I do it. I don't know where it came from, I've had this weird superstition as long as I can remember.

Someone call a doctor......

I have a koi good luck charm made from jade that a friend gave to me that is attached to my buzzer bar. I blank a lot though so cant be that good luck!! I just know I have to touch it after every cast otherwise I have no chance! 

Also if I catch then the same album will be played in the van on the way to the venue the next week... not quite sure why

My buzzers and indicators have to be the right way round and in order, although I think I have changed which way round since I joined carp.com.

Its red on left, white, then green on right.

My rods get cast out before bivvy is set up, although that has practical implications as well.

I have a preference for a particular t-shirt, although that is not always possible, heading to the lake straight after work in work clothes sometimes.

I lay the entrails of a freshly butchered firstborn goat at the entrance to my bivvy door and chant over them till the pixies come and eat them... then they bless my rods and pee on my reels and then I kiss them all goodnight and have another plateful of those oh so tasty mushrooms,  that I found behind the bivvy 8):shock:

Nahhhhh... nothing out of the ordinary for me... I even change me underpants & socks regularly:D

1 hour ago, Big Common said:

I have a thing about odd numbers when baiting around my hook bait. It has to be 11 baits, or 13, 17 etc... If I happen to loose count it's a nightmare, so I fire out half a bait as a compromise.

I also have a small nub of a wine cork in my tackle box that I use to stick baiting needles in. It must be 20yrs old and I've nibbled away at it in order to balance the odd bait in the past. No matter how many times I clear my tackle box up. It stays with me. I'm not sure what to do with it now, as I've found a nice new cork. Throwing it away will feel like having a pet put down. We've shared good times and bad, me and that bit of cork. No doubt It'll just stay in the box, rolling around with no purpose.:)

Blooming heck, I forgot about that bit of cork, carefully shaped to be mistaken for a tiger nut...

Also just realised I have my lucky stone with a hole in in my carp tackle box, can't go fishing without that, no wonder I felt ill yesterday, no lucky stone as it wasn't in my roach fishing gear.

Not so much a ritual, more OCD maybe but I always get my rods positioned, but not cast, before I set the bivvy up. This because it's absolutely essential that I'm in sight of my alarms when I open my eyes. I never close the bivvy door for the same reason. Never peg the bivvy down until I'm sure it's correctly aligned........

I always, always set up inside the bivvy in exactly the same layout, exactly! I never attach my landing net to it's handle until I'm ready to cast my rods, ever! I always, always place the various holdalls, bait bag, food bag etc in exactly the same layout. This is essential, too.

Otherwise I don't really give a monkey's...........

Ian

5 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

You two would have heart failure if you saw me setting up, stuff lands where it lands might get shuffled round a bit but that's about it....I know where everything is though so all good do stuff in different orders all the time too 😱 Sounds like I'm a walking nightmare 😂😂😂

Hey, to each his own. My son adopts a similar approach to yours.....but spends much more time on his hands an knees searching for stuff than I ever do.

He calls me picky, I call him a bivvy gypsy......

Ian

picky and OCD are not the same as luck, i will admit to getting one rod out and laid on the bank before i unload the barra, then pod or stix and finally bivvy.

empty bags and sleeves under the bed with tackle and bait to the foot of the bed and clothes and food to the top which gives me a clear uninterrupted run to the rods in the event that they ever work :lol:

20 hours ago, bluelabel said:

And there's no excuse for not looking tidy on the bankside now is there.....?

SDC10209.jpg

I even had an Anti-Macasser on the pillow8)

I can handle most things, but for goodness sake, when you are in the smoking jacket and pipe mode, you must be in slippers, boots are an absolute NO.

The DPM combats may be mistaken for pajamas, but you must change to slippers.

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I can handle most things, but for goodness sake, when you are in the smoking jacket and pipe mode, you must be in slippers, boots are an absolute NO.

The DPM combats may be mistaken for pajamas, but you must change to slippers.

Actually dear chap one wears a set of stout brogues with a smoking jacket... but my 'man' had forgotten to pack them... worry not, I had him soundly thrashed with a goodly twitch of Birch... he'll not make that mistake again... of that you may rest assured