Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Again new to forum live in OXFORD so a wealth of decent carp waters , bit put of by the daunting linear complex. Any advice on a fairly novice carper venues within Oxford to try without the hassle of sitting amongst the profesionals

take a trip down there without the rods and have a look round... ask a few questions get a picture... I went there donkeys years ago... fished Oxlease, blanked me chuff off... went to Brasenose 1 the following year, had 9 in 24 hours with the biggest going 23lb 9 oz...  Give Brasenose 2 a go it's supposed to be a runs water so would be a good place to cut your teeth... fish the margins on a windward bank a few rodlengths out... you'll catch

Don't be afraid of what other folks think, just do your own thing and have fun (where's the thumbs up smiley when you need it...?)

Cheers yeah your right it is about doing your own thing. I spoke to the fishery manager Chris and he recommended brasenose or hunts corner. Thanks for the tips may pop down give it a go.tight lines and big thumbs up just not confident

one of the things I found was that every time I went fishing I put pressure on myself to catch... if you don't connect, the pressure increases the next time out.... you need to go fishing to have fun and even if you blank try to take a positive out of the trip.... Do yourself a favour and go with a mate, so you can have a natter and bounce ideas off each other, that way, the time will rattle by and hey, even if you do blank you'll have had a good social with a mate...!8)

welcome to the forum buddy,

dont get the idea that everyone who fishes linear is an expert tho, for the most part they are either honing their craft on a semi easy water or they are sheep who just go for the bragging rights.

the real experts are the lads who spend weeks or months stalking waters with minimal stock looking for that elusive 'giant' that someone in the pub spotted one day while walking the dog, the waters are normally out of the way meres or gravel pits or even estate lakes that are off limits to the gen population.

as blue says, go with a mate and have a laugh, you will be surprised what you will pick up just by watching.