Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

On the lake I fish they started spawning then torrential rain stopped them in their tracks ; they then restarted days later .

It would be interesting to learn what's happening " up North " , as I believe they have been having the worst of the rain .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, crusian said:

On the lake I fish they started spawning then torrential rain stopped them in their tracks ; they then restarted days later .

It would be interesting to learn what's happening " up North " , as I believe they have been having the worst of the rain .

 

wots rain?? :o:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Not started to spawn yet in this part of the midlands, i know some of the regulars at coombe abbey are starting to get a bit twitchy, worried they will be in spawn once the lake reopens after the close season. 

Hopsford hall has closed for spawning started spawning Tuesday last week, I think all fisheries should close for spawning best for the fish to have time to recover and one else  think this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RFCARP92 said:

Hopsford hall has closed for spawning started spawning Tuesday last week, I think all fisheries should close for spawning best for the fish to have time to recover and one else  think this? 

On closing a lake for spawning, couldn't agree more.

Coombe will spawn later than most other waters in the same area due to its size, the lakes at kingsbury usually start from June onward.

Keep meaning to have a season on Hopsford, there are some cracking looking mirror carp in there, lovely part of Warwickshire too.

Bit of info for you, i had a walk around Stockton res last week, there are some big lumps in there these days, seen them up in the water in the sun, really have come on nice since it was last stocked by British Waterways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

On closing a lake for spawning, couldn't agree more.

Coombe will spawn later than most other waters in the same area due to its size, the lakes at kingsbury usually start from June onward.

Keep meaning to have a season on Hopsford, there are some cracking looking mirror carp in there, lovely part of Warwickshire too.

Bit of info for you, i had a walk around Stockton res last week, there are some big lumps in there these days, seen them up in the water in the sun, really have come on nice since it was last stocked by British Waterways.

Stockton res by the blue liars pub? 

Yes you should get down hopsford mate if you have never gave it ago there, ran by lovely people and some nice fish in there too! Try in the week though as weekends seem to get very busy as not a big water really.... if you ever fancy going there for a session let me know and I'll pop down and have a crack with you..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I mentioned in another thread, my rods have gone away now until my French trip on July 1st. 

The year before last my trip coincided with a particularly hot spell, temperatures hit 38 degrees a day or two in. This saw the resident carp start on their 3rd spawning session and basically ruined the week for me.

Last year the weather was a bit cooler so it didn't happen and the fishing was a lot more productive.

I'm hoping it doesn't get too hot again this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2017 at 21:53, RFCARP92 said:

Stockton res by the blue liars pub? 

Yes you should get down hopsford mate if you have never gave it ago there, ran by lovely people and some nice fish in there too! Try in the week though as weekends seem to get very busy as not a big water really.... if you ever fancy going there for a session let me know and I'll pop down and have a crack with you..

Yep right behind the pub, they allow night by request, bit pricey at 20 quid though, soon rack up the costs doing two nights a month or so.

If i ever get around to hopsford i will give you a shout, i hear it's a tricky water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...