Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

3 hours ago, Big Common said:

Sheep skin........ It's the future...

All I'm saying is that a black, green or cammo bucket is easier on the eye than a white one. So it would be nice if they were covered  or tucked away out of site. I suppose if a lake is manicured and bark chipped like a commercial venue then it wouldn't make a great deal of difference. But if it's semi wild and natural looking, then it's nicer if people and their kit blend in a bit .

As for cammo clothing, DPM, worn it for decades, never seen it as a fashion, never will, just do my own thing. 

Check out the Blue Castle combat trousers, black, blue, DPM. £12 a pop and as tough as old boots. They are my go to, for durable fishing bottoms............... If you do a search, they may do painters whites, if that's your thing.

Fat blokes with shirts off on the bank........ Must be a midlands thing...... We don't really get any of that. And if you walked around our place with a white rugby shirt on, you wouldn't make many friends on the bank...... The regulars that catch  are very quiet, tidy and inconspicuous . It's etiquette , done for the benefit of the other lads that are fishing.

Strange you should mention Blue Castle, they make the combats for HM services, I was in the factory when a large order was being despatched...

lol

Same with me for combats, I prefer olive khaki, black or DPM they last for years, despite getting ragged on brambles as well as being discrete on the bank. In fact the only exception is winter when I may wear a pair of jogging bottoms under my combat trousers, or a pair of Hoggs of Fife Strathmore trousers over the top.

I have been known to arrive on the bank straight after a workout at the gym, still wearing a white American football shirt...

Most of the time though it is an ordinary dark t-shirt, usually black or a dark fleece top or jacket.

My buckets I used to paint DPM just so they weren't white, however I currently have a fish food bucket and an old gravy powder bucket I got from work, for nothing,  that was already green

image.jpeg

Its already fast becoming fashion in the younger carpers to wear the latest fashion... I see a lot of young anglers in their £60+ shiny new nike trainers or the like. Especially when urban carping. 

I wear khaki joggers, green tees and a brown hoody (those are badged up with the bait companies name) same as my hat (I did specifically ask for a snapback, not a standard baseball cap though) and that's black. 

However the other week when it was roasting most of the carp I caught saw a tie dye lilac and white baggy vest. I've also caught carp from gin clear water whilst standing over them in a white tshirt. Angle of sight matters, if I look up at a building's roof from the foot of the building, I see mostly sky, if I look at it from 10m away I see mainly buildings as a backdrop (unless there is none behind) 

1 hour ago, Big Common said:

Look at the fishes mouth.. I think it's laughing at some bloke wearing a pyjama top :)

The Blue Castle strides are pretty good, but if you've got a spare tyre like me, then a few extra stitches in the top button is advised.

The only carp I caught from Earith twice, a fat chunky Simmo, I also caught it on a floater next summer, when I was off work with a broken wrist.

That American football shirt was well worn, and battered, I don't know how many games I played in that kit, but it was a few!

I actually do think the buttons on the combats could do with being sewn on better, the number of buttons I pop off them.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

22 hours ago, Big Common said:

When all is said and done, I couldn't really give a stuff about what people want to wear on or off the bank as long as it's not too conspicuous , ie white or yellow T- shirt..... I think we all have a duty to blend in a little bit otherwise we are just visual pollution to the lake side or river..... That includes kit aswell. Bright white plastic bait buckets and water bottles, not nice to have as your view for a weekend on the opposite bank. Visual pollution, same as noise and litter IMO....... Nothing to do with whether or not the fish can see you.

strangely enough, my old fishing buddy would often wear a sunflower yellow tee shirt, every time he wore anything else he would blank, also if i was stalking he would come up to me stomping and shouting hey you caught anything yet? he had the stalking ability of a chieftain tank but the yellow shirt worked for him. go figure :lol:

my last trip out I noticed that the latest bankside fashion was a vest, shorts that stopped a mere 5" above the ankles, flip flops, a six foot rod with a tiny reel,  a case of Stella and a greeting of "gissa bitta bait fellah"...!

Much as I'm keen to help out... if you can afford a case of Stella you can afford a bit of bait... for some reason, said Neanderthal seemed to take offence at that reply and walked off down the lake in search of the next victim to ponce off of (despite a tackle shop on the venue)....

Sigh... the folk of t'day

32 minutes ago, yonny said:

You're joking?? I like a beer myself but bait is one thing I'd sacrifice it for!

A couple of months ago I was at a day ticket water water and was greeted by some young chav asking if I could get any weed lol......

Sadly, this was at 8am in the morning and he'd driven to the venue.. this is the sort of "angler" (and I use the term loosely) that we could well do without... I also feel that too much Cammo tends to look aggressive, plain greens for me (despite owning a cammo winter suit:()

29 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

this is the sort of "angler" (and I use the term loosely) that we could well do without... 

Agreed!

30 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

I also feel that too much Cammo tends to look aggressive, plain greens for me (despite owning a cammo winter suit:()

??

Disagree bud, I gauge aggression on... errr.... aggression.... rather than colour.

I said LOOK aggressive... didn't say WAS...  I remember many years ago I wanted shooting rights on a bit of land locally... so me and a mate went along to see the owner to broach the question... the owner was somewhat reticent, but I went along in a Jacket and trousers, my mate went along with his cammo gear on, we asked politely and told him of the benefits of less vermin and pests on his land etc, etc, the upshot...? I was allowed to shoot... my mate  wasn't, I asked the owner a while later why my mate wasn't allowed on his land and his reply was "I don't want aggressive commando types running round here with a gun"... it's perceptions like that,  that I'm referring to...