Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I'm planning on doing a 48 hour session next week (midweek) on hopsford hall. I've never fished there before, went and had a walk around yesterday and looks like a tidy little lake. Has anybody fished it before and had a successful session?? If so what baits,methods are key. Is there any certain spots I should target if no carp are showing? 

Yeah I did the same thing. But the website looks old, I've been told they lost a lot of fish last year and now the biggest is 22lb. I suppose it's just going to be a test and trial session then. Keep on my toes. 

Thanks for replying. 

On 31/07/2017 at 10:02, Jacko 87 said:

I've been told they lost a lot of fish last year and now the biggest is 22lb.

A friend of mine knows it like the back of his hand so i have heard a bit about it.  I know just from whats hes had this year that there are bigger fish in than what you've said certainly pre-spawn.  Could be wrong but I think he says it has done a 30 and a few in the upper 20's - lots of scraper 20s.  

A company helps with pasty removal some years maybe every year.

Spring fed so good water quality.

Ive fished there a few times and its a nice little venue.  Make sure you call Nicola and book in if you intend to do overnights at the weekend as they only allow so many on overnight.  Ive had a mid twenty from the deeper area at the far end from the car park and all the other carp have been low to mid teens.  There are plenty of bream in there too so you might need to adapt your tactics to target only carp (good luck).