Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Reedy11

3 rod set up - all rigs in one spot?

Hi guys,

long time since I've posted on here, I've been doing a lot of work on improving my fishing and  have been to France a few times.

im going again in September, it's a big gravel pit with some reallly deep areas (25ft) and I plan to bring my Spod/marker to find some decent spots to fish. 

When watching carp fishing on TV (monster carp) I notice that they will use the Spod to put out a lot of bait then fish all 3 rods on that spot. Do you guys think that's the best tactic? Or would you suggest two on the largely baited area and then one cast to a feature in the lake with a few freebies? 

What do you guys tend to do on a large venue (it has up to 70lb carp in there so I want to get this right)

just for those that are interested I've decided to bring some of my own tied rigs - 25lb braided hooklinks with size 4 barbed Kurv shank hooks tied in to blowback rigs :) should be perfect fingers crossed, I'll also be using a heavy inline lead setup on fox camo soft steel mainline (absolutely brilliant line) even better than GT80

Cheers 

Jason 

two rods on the spot and one elsewhere, dont put all your eggs in one basket. can always move it on there if the spot is rocking. 

or three on three different spots, sometimes less lines on a spot mean more fish on the bank. 

I tend to judge the what to do by how big a spot is and how my lines would impact each other in the event I hook a fish. I do prefer all the rods separate though as you can just move them on to whichever spot is producing 

I think the decision is made for you by what you find in front of you. If you find 3 interesting areas then I'd fish all three separately. As Vik said you can always move the rods if one spot is doing more bites than the others.

Tbh making decisions about how you want to fish before you've seen the lake/swim is a recipe for disaster. Your tactics should be based on what is in front of you.

Remember the key difference with a program like monster carp and like they pointed out in the last episode, they all fished different depths with the idea of following suit with the guy catching.

For me, I struggle with 2 rods on the same spot....Its not something i do often, usually always a margin rod and one in open water, if im fishing 3 rods, then if im only catching on one, then i would happily put a second rod on that spot. I just cant put all my eggs in one basket from the off.

On horseshoe, I will quite happily fish all 3 on one spot as tight as I can get them. On my syndicate, I very rarely fish 2 on a spot, never mind 3. Except in winter that is. Then it's 2 or 3 all on the same spot but the fish are more localised at that time of year. 

You need to make these choices when on the bank and base it on what the lake is telling you coupled with past experiences.

whats right one day could be recipe for a blank the next!