Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lumeymorris

Surface fishing

Guys I've been having a bit of a problem getting hold of pedigree mixas can't seem to get them anywhere so I've been going for the cheaper brands which are working but not how I would like as a lot of them seem to split up and go different distances, some sink and so on. So I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on which one to go for on personal experiances. I'm not looking for some secret bait just a type that stay together and all float really 

48 minutes ago, Lumeymorris said:

Guys I've been having a bit of a problem getting hold of pedigree mixas can't seem to get them anywhere so I've been going for the cheaper brands which are working but not how I would like as a lot of them seem to split up and go different distances, some sink and so on. So I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on which one to go for on personal experiances. I'm not looking for some secret bait just a type that stay together and all float really 

I now use Tesco's own brand and they work well , £2.00 for 4kg , they dont break up and they work brilliant with the quick wash and seal bag " soak " :)

2 hours ago, Lumeymorris said:

Try Bakers Complete.

The big chunky ones on the hook, and the others as freebies. They will go slightly different distances, but the different shapes and colours seems to confuse the fish. I use them for chub and carp, with or without a controller.

I use rice crispies, pop corn, sugar puffs, cat biscuits and dog biscuits and sometimes other cereals too.  I can get them all to go the same distance.  The different flavours and shapes and densities all help to confuse the fish and keep them guessing.  How do I get them all the same distance?  Mix them all in a bag or bucket and then pop a handful into a pva mesh bag.  Bait your hook first then slip on a bag and cast it all out.  Bag melts and the baits spread out with your hookbait in amongst it all.  It can be cast a decent distance too.