Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
banjojohn

CC Moore Belachan Paste Block

Hi All ,

I have a block of this and not opened it yet as I've heard it smells real bad , could I mix this with something to make a paste ? , Say ... pellets or even another paste to catch carp or is it a no no ?

IT smells so bad even if you keep it in the freezer it still smells and will stink that out.

You can use it anywhere, grated down into paste, mixed in groundbait, even as a boilie ingredient.

If you don't use the whole block, wrap in cling film, place in sealable freezer bag, place in another sealable freezer bag then place in air tight container. I try to think ahead and only open one up if I'm using the whole block. If you plan to stick it in a ground bait or spod mix, the smell will linger for days on your kit and clothes and other anglers will smell you coming from 50yds. It's potent stuff and only around 50grms per kilo of bait, is the usual recommended dosage. It's very soluble, so catapulting out a few neat chunks into the area you want to fish is a lot less hassle than trying to mix into ground bait..... Good luck.