Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

Nash - Cultured Hookbait

nash_citruz_cultured_hookbaits4.jpeg.ba864b8e99bd447a72561906f729ae92.jpeg

Screenshot_20170823-232421.thumb.png.d19b5cf5aab720562ba5a7271e0ec26f.png

Just seen these...are they new from Nash...like as if theyve been gooed but looks like a cloud dust...flavour n colour 12.99 per kilo..

Edited by Highy
Spelling

The boilies dont work in the same method as the cultured, the living skin as they call it on the cultured dissipated in the water supposedly bringing the carp down. Like David said £9.99 for 25 hook baits is a bit steep.

Years ago 'we' came up with the same sort of idea.

After rolling and boiling your baits roll them around in a mix of beaten egg, Betaine HCl and CSL liquid, then while still wet drop them in base mix powder and roll them in that before leaving to dry:wink:

I have a poor opinion of Nash since he reckons the key was so full of fish meals and then he stabilised it and said it's exactly the same apart from the preservative. Unless he has a miracle natural preserve it doesn't add up.

These looks like a expensive version of coating your hookbaits in oil or a thick glue and then dusting them in a powered additive. GLM, betaine, liver, etc and leaving them to dry. Couple of coatings and drying and it's the same thing. 

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Years ago 'we' came up with the same sort of idea.

After rolling and boiling your baits roll them around in a mix of beaten egg, Betaine HCl and CSL liquid, then while still wet drop them in base mix powder and roll them in that before leaving to dry:wink:

Seen pics of the same thing elsewhere..... Dry baits, layer of liquid food, dust with powders or even base mix and let dry for 24hrs. Repeat process 3 or 4 times..... Great way of adding an attraction boost to hardened hook baits that might be a bit "locked up"...... But it literally makes me feel sick when you see what some bait firms are charging people for a handful of baits. Can't help thinking that it will lead to their eventual down fall. A proven bait firm, with history and lots of overheads, I can understand them charging a bit more. But these prices being touted about are bloomin criminal, it is literally robbing the blind.

On 22 September 2017 at 21:05, greekskii said:

I have a poor opinion of Nash since he reckons the key was so full of fish meals and then he stabilised it and said it's exactly the same apart from the preservative. Unless he has a miracle natural preserve it doesn't add up.

These looks like a expensive version of coating your hookbaits in oil or a thick glue and then dusting them in a powered additive. GLM, betaine, liver, etc and leaving them to dry. Couple of coatings and drying and it's the same thing. 

I didn't have a close look, but you can air dry baits totally with no preservative, then as you have said, give them a glug in a glycerine sugar coating and dry that off.

I know a few bait companies were doing this to claim preservative free.

13 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

give them a glug in a glycerine sugar coating and dry that off.

Gives the baits a liittle bit of a  sugar "shell" too, which helps stop the coatings being knocked off in the pot, I've found.

On 22/09/2017 at 19:19, TM1985 said:

The boilies dont work in the same method as the cultured, the living skin as they call it on the cultured dissipated in the water supposedly bringing the carp down. Like David said £9.99 for 25 hook baits is a bit steep.

What price would you put on a bite? I pay £18 for 35 baits. 

11 hours ago, phil dalts said:

2 hours ago, B.C. said:

Naughty question that one, like asking a woman her age lol........ I recon we all spend £100's per bite.

As little as possible!

Yet goodness knows how many trips I have had since my last carp! If its 4 trips then that is £56 in petrol alone...

I can get 5kilos of boilies of a good quality bait for £30. I can supplement that with a spod mix using decent liquids in the water to spread in the currents, say £10 for 5litres of molasses. 

There's no point going fishing if you have a Hookbait or rig that won't catch carp. Every little thing I can do to swing the luck balance my way I will try. My £18 a pot baits have saved a blank many many times

12 minutes ago, phil dalts said:

There's no point going fishing if you have a Hookbait or rig that won't catch carp. Every little thing I can do to swing the luck balance my way I will try. My £18 a pot baits have saved a blank many many times

You can't put a price on confidence at the end of the day. Some guys might consider these 18 quid hookers to be a rip off but I know which ones you're using (assuming you'res till using the SHB's) and I don't balk at the price. Very, very good hook baits indeed.

2 minutes ago, phil dalts said:

Rather pay the money on hooks and bait knowing I have the best chance

Agree 100%. There's a handful of things you just don't scrimp on imo: bait, hooks, line, polarised sunnies.......

On 2/14/2018 at 10:08, phil dalts said:

ooooh! £18 for 35??? sorry bud but that smacks of desperation to me 🙁

42 minutes ago, cyborx said:

you could also with a bit of time from yourself, make your own for probably cheaper than this. I do know which you use though and replicating them would be difficult. But you could make something just as special.

41 minutes ago, cyborx said:

Ha ha yeah, would to someone who's never used em. I suppose this fish is out of desperation then! 😂😂

IMG_20180120_0929248_rewind.jpg

3 minutes ago, greekskii said:

you could also with a bit of time from yourself, make your own for probably cheaper than this. I do know which you use though and replicating them would be difficult. But you could make something just as special.

I have looked into it, even got someone to make em, but they're just not the same

47 minutes ago, phil dalts said:

Ha ha yeah, would to someone who's never used em. I suppose this fish is out of desperation then! 😂😂

IMG_20180120_0929248_rewind.jpg

tbf though I once caught a fish on a wine gum. 

Dont think you can ever put a fish down to a certain bait, too many factors at play