Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all

im looking into getting a brolly for quick overnighters after work ideally I'm looking for something simple to put up as winter will be here and I'll be doing it in the dark. I have been looking at the fox MK2 system and the Nash titan full system. As well as the winter wraps. Has anyone got 1 of these or opinions on them? Or is there something else that you could throw into the pot. 

Cheers 

Tony 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

AVID Ascent Brolley System - Nuff said!!! Quality far above everything else I've seen - everyone who see's it says so. :D

Everything I'm reading about it would suggest that it's not all that big inside. 

I want something that is quick and simple to put up but I can still get a full size bedchair and my luggage inside, looking at the Tittan and fox Mk2 the seem to have plenty of space inside. 

But that said I don't want to go and splash 350 quid and end up wishing I had got something different! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chippie81 said:

Everything I'm reading about it would suggest that it's not all that big inside. 

I want something that is quick and simple to put up but I can still get a full size bedchair and my luggage inside, looking at the Tittan and fox Mk2 the seem to have plenty of space inside. 

But that said I don't want to go and splash 350 quid and end up wishing I had got something different! 

They are the same size as the fox mk2 broĺley? You looked at the trakker tempest

Link to post
Share on other sites

The avid really doesn't appeal to me at all.

The tempest does look nice as well as easy to put up and spacious Inside. but you have to have the wrap to put a door on it. Not ideal for summer when you just want a mozy mess to protect you. Or do they do an attachable panel and I've just not see it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chippie81 said:

Everything I'm reading about it would suggest that it's not all that big inside. 

I want something that is quick and simple to put up but I can still get a full size bedchair and my luggage inside, looking at the Tittan and fox Mk2 the seem to have plenty of space inside. 

But that said I don't want to go and splash 350 quid and end up wishing I had got something different! 

By the way, in my pic, I had only just set up after casting out. If I'm not in any hurry, it's rods out, coffee on, then sort bivvy out. Everything in the pic does actually fit under the brolly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 23/08/2017 at 15:42, yonny said:

My Lo Pro, home for 4 days over the weekend. Minute and a half to put up, 50 seconds to pack down, 3.3 kg. Great coverage as you can see, it was smashing it down. Really impressed with it.

IMG_4933.JPG

Hi yonny.

Been having a look at these they do look smart.

My Nash 60" oval is on it last legs so I was thinking about one of these.

But I was wondering have you used yours in the winter or just the summer.

If you haven't used in the winter in your opinion would you say it was suitable for winter use or more of a summer shelter.

I don't fish in storm conditions but I do fish in strong winds and heavy rain.

Thanks Keith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, finchey said:

I was wondering have you used yours in the winter or just the summer.

If you haven't used in the winter in your opinion would you say it was suitable for winter use or more of a summer shelter.

I don't fish in storm conditions but I do fish in strong winds and heavy rain.

Hi finchey....

I haven't used it in winter but will do so this year. I did do one majorly wet session a few weeks ago and it was the first time I've felt it was a little pokey.... it's based on a 50 inch umbrella so isn't massive. I used it in BIG winds this week just gone and it was fine, although I did fit a single storm pole to give it a helping hand.

I'd say you need to be dedicated to use it in winter. It's more of a summer shelter IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, yonny said:

Hi finchey....

I haven't used it in winter but will do so this year. I did do one majorly wet session a few weeks ago and it was the first time I've felt it was a little pokey.... it's based on a 50 inch umbrella so isn't massive. I used it in BIG winds this week just gone and it was fine, although I did fit a single storm pole to give it a helping hand.

I'd say you need to be dedicated to use it in winter. It's more of a summer shelter IMO.

It is a brolly system I'm after.

I suppose it's a question of which is the best for all year round use.

Having a bivvy and a brolly isn't really a choice for me so I'll spend some time and a bit more research before I part with my cash.

Thank for opinion yonny much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@finchey

18 hours ago, finchey said:

It is a brolly system I'm after.

I suppose it's a question of which is the best for all year round use.

Having a bivvy and a brolly isn't really a choice for me so I'll spend some time and a bit more research before I part with my cash.

Thank for opinion yonny much appreciated.

 

On 22 August 2017 at 15:08, salokcinnodrog said:

I have removed a post from this thread, please do not swear in any shape or form:!:

 

As it happens I have TFG Oval brolly

image.jpeg

The TFG Oval and Power Brolly both take an overwrap they make. I do admit you have to get extra storm poles for the Oval, and it only has a half groundsheet that velcros in, but I had a spare groundsheet from another system I had.

 

Oval Brolly, £80, overwrap £70 I think from memory. 

I think Phil Dalts Power brolly system is £130 ish, and I know thats a pretty good system as I have a mate who loves his.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still use my Fox Supa MK1, as I genuinely don't think there is anything better for setting up or packing down time. I bought it second hand nearly two years ago off a mate of mine. I never use the zip on front or the ground sheet for that matter and I've used it through the hottest and the coldest of nights. I like the vents at the back when it's really hot and I like I only really need 6 pegs to peg it down with. Without doubt it' the best brolly I have owned.

2017-10-31 17.43.08.jpg

Edited by Gazlaaar
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gazlaaar said:

I still use my Fox Supa MK1, as I genuinely don't think there is anything better for setting up or packing down time.

Yup..... I only just replaced mine this year after several years of use..... with the Lo Pro, which is miles quicker, check it out if you fancy a change. Minute and a half to put up, 50 seconds to pack down, just over a kilo lighter then the MK1 Supa. Really recommend it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...