Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hello. 

I am new to this forum hopefully there maybe a few members that can point me in the right direction. 

I have been fishing local waters In Stockport Manchester and my p.b is 23lb  I am after I new water in Cheshire that might hold a few 30lb I am used to fishing small pounds so after somewhere I can step my game up. Don't mind if there are club waters I can join hopefully someone can help.

Thanks Darren 

Oh look, the almost inevitable resounding silence from the Cheshire / Staffordshire lads is here again.

Daz, if you are serious about what you are proposing try the Carp tackle shops as near to you as you can. A personal chat with any of the staff will usually get a positive response, and if you are a regular in there you may avoid some of the bull, and misdirection, that some folk seem to delight in heaping on folk who ask for help.

BOF  :wink:

On 12/09/2017 at 20:25, bof1 said:

Oh look, the almost inevitable resounding silence from the Cheshire / Staffordshire lads is here again.

Daz, if you are serious about what you are proposing try the Carp tackle shops as near to you as you can. A personal chat with any of the staff will usually get a positive response, and if you are a regular in there you may avoid some of the bull, and misdirection, that some folk seem to delight in heaping on folk who ask for help.

Yea why don't you Cheshire lads shout from the roof tops about few decent lakes you have and get them even busier. After all people shouldn't have to do leg work it should all be handed over on a plate.   PS baden hall might be worth a look.

I have never known a bigger bunch of secret squirrels than the Cheshire / Staffordshire anglers when it comes to putting information on the net. Its almost as if they don't want any of their Commercial venues to succeed.

I've been fishing in Cheshire for many years, outside of the south east we have the biggest concentration of carp anglers in the country but we don't have many big fish waters, so the big fish waters that are known are often under intense pressure :wink: 

if you come across a little known water with good fish in, the quickest way to ruin it for yourself is to put it online because everyone up here is looking for a leg up...lol :wink:

To improve on 23lb he is hardly asking for the earth now is he? Your mention of Lymm is good, but how about any of the Commercials that give the guy a chance?

3 hours ago, bof1 said:

I have never known a bigger bunch of secret squirrels than the Cheshire / Staffordshire anglers when it comes to putting information on the net. Its almost as if they don't want any of their Commercial venues to succeed.

There arnt many day ticket commercial lakes that hold 30lb carp in Cheshire. I don't blame anybody for not shareing info on the net regarding lakes. Social media has destroyed some lakes. 

Its a case of managing expectations here. Ok there aren't too many places that have bunches of 30's waiting for us to amble onto, but if the guy has a pb of 23lb surely he wont turn his nose up at a 25 - 27 - 29? Then by the time he has managed to reach the top end of the 20's list he should know where to move on to improve on that, if only by listening to the gossip around the lakeside and in the tackle shop.

Baden hall is one of his best bets not cheshire i no but  ot to far away. He should be more worried about ware a 24lber going to from imo rather than a 30. But if that's what he wants out his angling then who am i to say that's wrong. Coming on a forum asking for waters in Cheshire that contain 30ties isn't going get you far. Google earth and a tank full fuel who knows what you might find.

personally I don't fish commercials, the only day ticket waters I've been to recently are sandhurst and Cromwell, neither of which are local to the area, if you're going to pay day ticket rates you might as well head south, at least the waters down there offer 30's for the top dollar you pay, up here the prices charged compared to the size of fish available makes our commercials a complete rip off :wink:

managing expectations is quite right, I'm Wirral based and I've fished in Cheshire since 1996, funnily enough I started travelling out there to catch bigger carp, 20's and possibly a 30?, in the 21 years since I started trying for one, I still haven't had a Cheshire 30, I fish a session near enough every week right throughout the year, my average over the years is around 3x20's a season, sometimes I have more, others i'll catch less but most of those 20's are under 23lb :wink:

regarding expectations, catching a fish of 25lb+ in our region isn't impossible, some always get lucky but for most of us, a target like that requires time and dedication, the magazines might make it look an easy task but its far from it :wink: