Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Carpbell_ll

Mainlines latest offering The Link

20 minutes ago, hutch said:

The hydro wheat is very lively seriously needs keeping an eye on if you ever get any :lol:

I have a mate that gave that a go, he wasn't impressed (he got it direct from DNA funnily enough so it's no doubt a BAF product). Looked like a very similar product to CSL?

I much prefer the animal proteins I have to say.

I have a mate that gave that a go, he wasn't impressed (he got it direct from DNA funnily enough so it's no doubt a BAF product). Looked like a very similar product to CSL?

I much prefer the animal proteins I have to say

Got some just out of interest, I'm the same as you I prefer animal based proteins

23 hours ago, Big Common said:

Hutch recommended BAF to me a while back...... I've been really impressed with the products and their service

Just to highlight how good their service is I ordered some liver and GLM powders while we were chatting on here yesterday. By 9:05 am today it's on my desk. Bloomin' brilliant.

On 15/09/2017 at 08:45, yonny said:

Both really, really good baits mate.

Smufter you chop and change baits like no one I've ever met! I'd struggle for confidence doing that, bait is the one thing you should have absolutely zero concerns with.

Between the Malarky and the MC Nut you have baits that will catch fish on any water at any time of year. You should stick with them a while mate, it's not possible to really get something going when you're chopping and changing IMO.

Active baits rule!!!!  Never looked back once on the maple! Take it anywhere. Here, France, works. 

3 hours ago, phil dalts said:

Active baits rule!!!!  Never looked back once on the maple! Take it anywhere. Here, France, works. 

I'm a convert to ABS. Have just recently switched to their Plan b. Worked for me! Will be fishing this during the colder months, and will be taking "Genesis" with me to France in July. They have just introduced a new bait, which is Krill based and is taking lakes apart (apparently) but I'll stick with what I have.

Here's a conundrum, my mate and I fished a lake which the locals said only a certain bait works, I fished maple like I do and blanked 3 times. So we heeded locals and bought 3 kilo of this other bait. First time out had a 29lb on it. Not me my mate. Second time, on my hard park lake, he had a 17lb. Is there something in it???? I know maple works in conjunction with my hookbaits. Swear by it but didn't on these occasions. Very odd!!!

Here's a conundrum, my mate and I fished a lake which the locals said only a certain bait works, I fished maple like I do and blanked 3 times. So we heeded locals and bought 3 kilo of this other bait. First time out had a 29lb on it. Not me my mate. Second time, on my hard park lake, he had a 17lb. Is there something in it???? I know maple works in conjunction with my hookbaits. Swear by it but didn't on these occasions. Very odd!!!

No concrete answer to this one without knowing the composition of each bait, there is a chance there is an element in one that the fish are seeking out maybe something that is lacking in there natural environment or the place has just been filled in with it and the fish just are feeding by recognition.  Personally I don't think the maple will have anything to do with it as flavours play little part in the attraction process other than opening anglers wallets, but some are made up using fenugreek oleoresin as we we know that's one of the spices carp seem to take a liking to.

To many variables to give a definitive answer without knowing the make up of each bait. What we smell means nothing there will be something within the attractor profiles of each mix be that liquid, additive, ingredient or even reaction/active bait like the experiments detailed in the amino's thread. 

2 hours ago, phil dalts said:

The lake I fished last couple seasons... When I first fished it about 15 years back, there was a going bait and it took me a little while to meet the guy that made it. I had blanked for about 8 sessions before hand using Dynamite tiger nut boilies, which had served me quite well almost everywhere else. Anyway, caught from the off with this "local" bait, 24lb Common, new pb, first night using it. Such was the confidence of that bait, that when the guy packed up rolling, loads of people pulled off that water. I think so much went in, that they just saw it as a natural food source. Damn good bait, some fish getting  caught over and over again on it. It was an oyster and liver bait. Wasn't really into rolling bait at the time, or I'd of sold my soul for the recipe.

2 hours ago, phil dalts said:

He's just better than you mate......:lol:

15 minutes ago, phil dalts said:

Oh and I'm very particular about rigs. He buys a rig, bottom bait one, puts a shot on and it looks awful, one pop up rig. Yep catches on it! I'm not bitter though..... .😆😂

Maybe next time fish one rod each, on each bait. See if it makes a difference. Hard to tell from a couple of bites really imo...... I'd be snuffling in his bait bucket tho' lol.

15 hours ago, Highy said:

Anymore news on this....watched the Korda vid with Tom Dove about the spinner rig and this is what he was using..

Heard not on sale till mid spring ??

whats not on sale till spring bud?

this is exactly (but for the hook) how i tie a ronnie rig and have been for a couple of years now, i just prefer the Gardener Covert Mugga as the kurv aint so aggressive :wink:

all the components are readily available now in a shop near you :lol:

1 hour ago, cloud9 said:

Think he was on about the bait , not the rig .........

first line asks 'whats not on sale till spring' meaning 'to what do you refer as not being yada yada yada'

answer would be "The Link"

then i went on to confirm that the Spinner/Ronnie is what i use with my own twist, (pun intended) :lol:

(there,,, i hope i squirmed out of that one, Phew!!! )