Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
coops_northants

Secret Sneaky Guesting Venues and Clubs Criticism

I think there are certain areas and reasons where ethically it is not wrong to fish... But i think their are same amounts of reasons where you shouldnt... Close season is wong, out of bounds spawning bays are wrong to be fished ect ect... If you are subtle and respect your suroundings I cant see anything wrong, with say.... Doing nights on king George Ressi... ect ect

guesting as its known is a term used by people to make light of a criminal action just to catch a nice carp or two...

trespassing on someones land to catch someonelses fish or fishing at night on a water where nightfishing is not allowed are both illegal and immoral

creeping around a private lake in complete darkness without a torch is also completely dangerous.

haningfield resevoir near where i live would be a good example of a fishery that it would be illegal,irresponsible and downright dangerous to do a GUESTING session.

not only is it a trout fishery only it is patrolled by security

it is surrounded by high fences its a nature reserve , the water is very deep , to guest a water like this it would have to be a night in complete darkness , you would have to scale a huge fence risking life and limb, struggle through dense vegitation without light and get ripped and scratched to pieces doing it not to mention skirting a huge lake again in darkness risking the possibility of drowning not to mention a repeat performance to get out before first light without leaving a trace of evidence behind.

so i repeat its illegal,immorall and downright dangerous you would have to be a complete moron to indulge in such an erronerous activity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIND YOU THEY WERE STUNNING FISH

:D :D :D

Yeah but if you wanted to try and catch a carp from Hanningfield, which of course you wouldnt, you wouldnt wanna scale the whole lake because if they were thre, which they are not you would probably just fish one into the shallow bay and 1 to the boat ramp, but thats just a guess..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wink: ;) :wink: ;)

I suppose your right in essence though, I just wish I had the self restraint... Wouldnt mind a Hanningfield common though!!!:wink:

I know what I should say, that 'Guesting' is completely wrong.

Unfortunately I think there are different levels of Guesting.

What about the Black Mirror. To fish for that involves Guesting.

I can think of a few waters near me that are off the beaten track that I would readily fish were the opportunity to arise. Some of these waters are not fished at all.

Do you count fishing a DayTicket fishery without purchasing a Ticket as the same if you knew the Bailiff wouldn't come round and check? That is still trespassing, but within legality if he were to sell you a ticket on the Bank.

I think this is another Thread that will get loads of different answers. I know my ethics and what I should say, but don't know if I knew how big some of the fish were, whether I could stick to them.

Guest Anonymous

like Nick says i know what i should say to coops post but, myself along with most other long time carpers (20 years+ in my case) have all proberly done that naughty session here and there on occasions. you know the nights when they are banned the occasional foray onto that estate lake down the road etc etc. all i will say is that sometimes the temptation for that special fish is to much and its easy to fall to that temptation. i will say that i would never cause damage to property etc if i was ever to go guesting again and the secret of a good guesting session is to make sure you leave everything as you found it with no disturbance. as long as no harm is caused im not so sure its that bad. oh by the way dont do a Hutchy as carp dont live in swimming pools. LOL

Im have mixed views with this one i think going to a private lake which is not fished publicly and fishing is wrong its outright tresspassing however doing a sneaky night on a venue that allows day fishing but no nights is a little different still wrong but not exactly tresspass.

depends on your meaning of 'guesting' where i fish, to 'guest' is to allow a nonmember to fish alongside a member as a guest. the art of snafling carp that perhaps you should not be fishing for is poaching. but thats for the courts to decide. we all have had the urge to cast a line in a lake that perhaps we shouldnt, lovely common it was too...

casting to spawning fish. thats something i wont do. 'stroke rods' nope, wont do that either, bait bans? well depends on what it is, there are enough artificial baits that mimic the baits most often banned that it is not really a problem anymore, speaking of which, where would a fishery stand if they banned tigers, but you caught on rubber tigers?

hmmnnn...

:rolleyes:

I feel there's a very thin line between right and wrong with guesting. If for instance a lake is owned by a chap that is into his fishing and has worked hard to obtain this lake then I believe we have no right to come and poach his efforts or even in the case of a day ticket or syndicate water where there is a business and money involved, we hae no right but say for instance a large estate lake run by a big country manor house that hasn't been fished for years and the owners don't use it then I feel that guesting would be fine, in fact it would be rude not to as long as no damaged or disturbance was made to property and respect was given to the lake and fish at all times:) :) :)

Guest Anonymous

I know of a very famous carp angler who was spotted fishing one of my local waters couple of weeks ago in the closed season, catching carp of the surface! why should he be able to when all the others have the decency to wait?

guesting:

if its a lake in the middle of say a wood or somat then i wud go for it ...

but if its privatly owned(as most are) then that is their property. what right do we have to tresspass for the sake of a big fish?

none mes thinks :)

i voted no problem but a certain amount of common sence is needed! as in nothing that will indanger the fish, and nothing that will affect your fishing in the future like drowning or being barred from the local club or having your face in tc with a head line saying this idiot!:rolleyes:

ive geusted at a country house estate lake were the fomer owner used to let me fish as a kid! he died and the place was sold to a total towny lottery winner tosser that dosnt look arfter the lake and dosnt allow fishing or indeed anyone on his land! but i tell u its a good rush driving down a private lane with the lights off and sculking over ther at night! its a real shame that he has blanked this lake its absolutly stunning and when i was a kid ther were 30s in ther and that was 20 years ago! but now i make do with going over in the hope of bumping one but only had high doubles!

also some absolutly lunking tench! iv aproached him about turning it into a syndicate water so all maintainace work will be done for free and would put an extra few quid in the coffers for him but he is just not intrested! so srew him ill fish it anyway and take the conciquences:D

i find it hard to imagine my actions imoral! i dont steal, im not violent, i dont lie (well not much)! all im doing is taking some simple pleasure from sombody that has a pricless jewel that keeps it in a dusty little box in the cellar! and dosnt care!

if u see a bloke mistreating and ignoring a beutiful woman will u have any quams taking her out for the night and treating her like a princess! nope sorry my sainthood stumbles a bit ther:D