Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
B.C.

Salokinnodrog

On 29 September 2017 at 13:35, Big Common said:

Hi Nick, just wondered if there was any chance you could sort out the pics for this old thread.  I know you mentioned that you would try to do them as and when... No worries if you can't, just found it quite a useful read.

Getting onto as many as i can around time.

Next question, am i the only person who rarely takes the internet with me fishing?

I do occasionally log on, but prefer my fishing to be tech free

I managed to read 6 library books this last 5day trip; John Grisham, Clive Cussler, and Andy Macnabb provided the in bivvy entertainment. 

I do take my ipad, but more for notes, games and downloaded programmes than communication. 

Also while my phone is not connected to the internet the battery life lasts so much longer, even if permanently on.

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Is going fishing!

Not sure where I fancy, and I've been watching the weather, which makes a few swims a bit uncomfortable with wind coming into your bivvy door.

Do what I did earlier in the year. Fish in to the wind without an overwrap and an open fronted shelter. Then it will start raining and there is no escape from it. Who cares about comfort when it means a better chance of a fish! 

7 minutes ago, cloud9 said:

Sorry to pick hole's , but the rig thread is a waste of your time, you need to show how the knots are tied and the photos need to be in more detail , as they are really for the newbie .....

Its a work in progress:wink:

As i sort more pictures I can update it, and i'm still trying to get my photobucket account sorted

Strange weather this last trip!

Monday to Wednesday was chilly, but dry, with a slight south westerly coming towards me, but Wednesday night the wind really picked up, so much I had to shut one side of the bivvy door, (I still can't convince myself to shut it totally), then Thursday morning that wind brought some heavy rain. 

Around 10am, the wind backed round to the north, over the top of me, and gradually the rain dried out, then the wind dropped and went back to a cold south westerly.

Thursday night I took this picture, still hoping.

Major crayfish and tufted duck problems this week, hooked a tufty, on a bait that had only been in an hour or so, but every other cast saw crayfish snaffling real baits, even meshed ones, so had to go back to wooden balls (topped with meshed pop-ups) and oh horror:shock:, plastics, which I hate :!:

I did also try Sky totally off the lead, after putting camou net up to prevent her getting out the swim, and no problems, although she was a bit confused to start.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I really don't know when I'm going to get on the bank again; I had planned for a couple of hours after chub today, but suddenly finding I may end up having to cook Christmas Dinner for my dad and brother, and possibly my youngest daughter put paid to that as I have to tidy my flat and go see Lily to find out.

Tomorrow I'm on an agency shift, so tomorrow evening is out, and Saturday I have to buy the last of Christmas decorations and presents so that is gone. 

I know Christmas Eve for some chub on the river, with some  paste and breadflake sounds good. 

An agency shift on Boxing Day, and one on the 28th means I can't do a carp session until then, but maybe a pike trip on the river 27th.

Most important in this long winded post is to wish you all a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year.

(With apologies to Trading Places)

This fishing lark has not gone as planned recently, I just haven't been able to go.

An expected day fishing with a mate, and he couldn't make it due to personal life, so I couldn't go. Last weeks trip was cancelled when I picked up extra Agency shifts and a job interview.
Today session, just got back late from work last night, so couldn't get my pike gear ready.

Lets hope Tuesday, but I can't hold my breath😖❗️

13 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

This fishing lark has not gone as planned recently, I just haven't been able to go.

An expected day fishing with a mate, and he couldn't make it due to personal life, so I couldn't go. Last weeks trip was cancelled when I picked up extra Agency shifts and a job interview.
Today session, just got back late from work last night, so couldn't get my pike gear ready.

Lets hope Tuesday, but I can't hold my breath😖❗️

Good luck with the interview Nick, hope it goes well.....Don't think you are missing much on the bank, apart from the fresh air. Squeezed in a couple of walkabouts and the banks are devoid of anglers apart from the odd runs water..... They have that "switched off" feeling about them. Was planning a day sesh for this week, but having clocked the weather. it'll probably end up a marker rod sesh for a few hours,

Finally got a few days off planned, some life issues sorted, so hoping I can get on the bank from Sunday after work or Monday until Friday

I know it is a Bank Holiday weekend, but I have a feeling where the fish may be, especially if the weather heats up.

If its crowded, I can always go in the 'cold' swims for a night, then move after a day or so.

Another session planned for next week. See what time I finish Saturday night, then home decide whether to drive to Nazeing that night or Sunday morning for a few days. Weather is looking hot, so with my luck the jiggly will happen.

On 17 May 2018 at 22:57, salokcinnodrog said:

Another session planned for next week. See what time I finish Saturday night, then home decide whether to drive to Nazeing that night or Sunday morning for a few days. Weather is looking hot, so with my luck the jiggly will happen.

What have I said about making plans?

Got to work Monday!

Join the club mate, in January I booked off all the holidays for this year, Friday afternoon I found out that my boss has booked me in for another bathroom that will take up most of the week after next, the one I have booked off and looking forward to a few days fishing enjoying a little bit of me time, well that's not gone down to well with the wife , she has booked off a couple of days at the end of the week for us to spend together ....talk about being up the creek without a paddle .......