Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
B.C.

Salokinnodrog

2 hours ago, cloud9 said:

Join the club mate, in January I booked off all the holidays for this year, Friday afternoon I found out that my boss has booked me in for another bathroom that will take up most of the week after next, the one I have booked off and looking forward to a few days fishing enjoying a little bit of me time, well that's not gone down to well with the wife , she has booked off a couple of days at the end of the week for us to spend together ....talk about being up the creek without a paddle .......

I know what I would be telling the boss if I was you (and I have done previously) absolutely no way of justifying booking you into work when you have holiday booked! 

4 hours ago, cloud9 said:

Join the club mate, in January I booked off all the holidays for this year, Friday afternoon I found out that my boss has booked me in for another bathroom that will take up most of the week after next, the one I have booked off and looking forward to a few days fishing enjoying a little bit of me time, well that's not gone down to well with the wife , she has booked off a couple of days at the end of the week for us to spend together ....talk about being up the creek without a paddle .......

Thing is my employment is pretty much all agency work, and I can't afford to turn it down. If I do I end up like the two Davids in Spitting Image😖😱😆

22 hours ago, cloud9 said:

Hi Cloud

Why don't you explain to your Wife that you need to work to earn the money to  pay for all the fishing gear you've bought ? .

😀 

Managed a day today, strange one.

Bromeswell Lakes, out near Woodbridge. Thought what the heck, I mostly wanted to sleep, so fill it in with particles on 1 rod, test the 8mm soaked wooden balls on there.

The 2nd rod, warm day, can't be bothered to surface fish per se so fish a surface zig, lazy, stick rod on buzzer.

Arrived around 9, so got sorted etc. Around 12 Mr. Man wanders around talking to me and my mate. I'm half asleep, just leave me alone. A group of lds at the end of the point hooked a decent fish, so Al reels in to help. It's one of them's first fishing trip ever, and after taking some advice had hooked a double figure carp on the surface. Mr. Man, go away, please be quiet, I'm nodding off, he carries on chatting, to heck I'm not going to catch up on sleep around 3 hours last night.

Around 13.00 right hand rod goes, followed by a hookpull, not happy, but the balls work. Rebait, fresh top up of groundbait, PVA mesh bag put on top.

14.00 Zig goes, 5lb hookline goes as it gets into a bundle of tree roots that I had trimmed back in autumn. 

All quiet, couple of recasts, both rods, finally about 17.00 the zig goes, followed by a nice little common, 7lb. 18.00 off goes the zig again, this time double common. 30 minutes later the twitches on the particles stop, and a proper mirror carp of around 5 comes in.

Al managed 4 on surface fished bread, biggest maybe 6.

Males were still holding spawning tubercles, so I don't think they've finished yet!

Add to that, still didn't get sleep.

3 nights at Nazeing, after leaving in bright sunlight and arriving in torrential rain. I sat in the car for a good 2 hours watching before deciding to fish one of the movie bank swims and it stopped raining, even so, I still had a walk round with Sky before setting up.

Spombed in a bucket of pigeon mix to see if the fish would come in over it as a few have come out over bait recently, and carefully put 2 baits on it.

All quiet until Thursday when the local young sailors had their lessons. As the speedboat towed them out to the middle of the lake I had a series of bleeps, on my 'pub chuck' rod, and thinking the boat wash had moved my lead I reeled in to find a 10lb mirror wanted to play ball.

Nothing massive, but from 60 acres of water, a carp is a carp.

A pop-up and a plastic cage filled with paste is what produced the fish

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A day planned at the runs water Sunday, for 'fun' fishing with my disabled mate. 

A few years ago I took Colin to Brackens, where he caught his pb, a 25lb mirror. Since then his back problem has degenerated to the state he can hardly fish, can't sleep on a bedchair. He has to use crutches to go anywhere, so I take him somewhere where I can drive to the swim and he stands a chance of catching a fish or two on either the pole or float rod as that is now all he can handle.

Nazeing ticket paid for with this weeks wages😁😀👍

I did take him a few weeks ago, I think he ended up with 2 proper carp, lost one, and had a good day with a few bream and roach making up the rest of his catch.

I spent the day playing with the centre pin and lift float and had a couple of carp on sweetcorn.

Colin was using pole all day, he had 42 roach he said on a mix of paste, corn, and pellet on the hook. No carp on the bottom, and I had no interest over the bottom on sweetcorn either.

I did wangle some off the surface though😉

I hate replacing line on the reels, 😖😆

At least I was watching football on television, so didn't really notice the time it took.

Got my Nazeing ticket for the year, which is the main reason for replacing the line.

Is taking my disabled Mate on Sunday to Bromeswell, then apparently I have most of next week off until Friday, so, even though England play on Tuesday, I'd rather be fishing. If they had won against Belgium and topped the group I would have gone Tuesday, but Monday is calling after a haircut, and quick top up off PVA and gas cylinders, so hopefully Nazeing here we come.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:41, salokcinnodrog said:

I hate replacing line on the reels, 😖😆

Yep, and then re-rigging all three rods so they are ready to go, always takes that bit longer than you want it too 🙂, but feels good when you take that first cast with everything all new..

Edited by B.C.

I had 2 countable fish today, one on a dog biscuit from the end of the island on Willow lake, and one on sweetcorn on the lift float, over breadcrumb, hemp and sweetcorn. I had actually fallen asleep for the 2nd fish and was woken up by the lovely sound of a screaming centre pin.

I did have another, but can't count it, a fish turned on the floater, and foul hooked itself just below the pectoral fish.

My fish were all around 5lb, and Colin had one of around the same on a fake dog biscuit, holding it on the surface with his pole. His was most definitely the best looking of the day.

Well it was a bit of a trek down. I managed to get away from work 15 minutes earlier than planned, so was loading the rods and dog into the car by 7.15, working out I would arrive by 8.45 at the latest, oh for the plans of mice and men.

At Colchester on the A12 suddenly traffic stopped and tailed back, which took 15 minutes to get past; a van in the layby had broken down, so the police had closed the inside lane to allow repairs. Further down at Witham, by the Fire HQ, another tailback, an accident had blocked the road totally, which when I got to it, had been cleared and the road totally coated in cement dust, but that cost me another 45minutes.

Arrived at Nazeing at close to 10pm, so ended up setting up in the boat swim, which by Monday morning I was regretting. Fish had shown, but so were the sailors at ESSA. Unfortunately despite having tips down under the water, one boat managed to snag 2 of my lines, and the safety boat towed them away at speed, despite me telling them they were tangled up. I got everything back, but the line was fragged, and the safety boat in their stupidity managed to give me a severe line cut as I couldn't open the drag fast enough. One retackle after I cut the fragged line off, I left the marker float out to keep them away from the area.

These problems with ESSA are getting worse, lack of care for other water users; I saw the safety boat go close to the bank on the far side, right in front of another angler who I saw shouting at them this week. In the past I have also had to draw their attention to a girl in the middle of the lake in her sailing dinghy crying her eyes out as she wasn't comfortable, no safety boat on the water at all. Same trip another tangle round a sailing dinghy, again with my rod tips underwater, they came to a rod length from the bank. 

It is not like the swim is close to the sailing club, it is about 50 metres away, and there is no reason for them to get that close to the bank in the area. The launching jetty is further out in the water.

Tuesday morning packed up after another annoying blank, got back to Suffolk for lunchtime

Must find out what my shifts are for next week, on a late again Saturday, with Sunday off, but don't know the rest of the week.

Got woken up Tuesday at 4am by a thunderstorm and torrential rain, now this was taken 7.30 and bright and sunny.
Thank goodness as I hate packing away wet fishing tackle.

image.jpeg

Not happy at ESSA Water Sports down at Nazeing. 
My rod tips are underwater, line going down in the water. For the 3rd time in 3 trips the boats have come close enough to catch them, so the far side straight towards me.
This time the ignorant little twerp piloting accused me of casting at him. If I had aimed at him I would of hit him.
I had cast out when the boats were well out of the way. I was held back from having a go at them by another angler on the lake.

image.jpeg

On 20/08/2018 at 19:56, salokcinnodrog said:

Not happy at ESSA Water Sports down at Nazeing. 
My rod tips are underwater, line going down in the water. For the 3rd time in 3 trips the boats have come close enough to catch them, so the far side straight towards me.
This time the ignorant little twerp piloting accused me of casting at him. If I had aimed at him I would of hit him.
I had cast out when the boats were well out of the way. I was held back from having a go at them by another angler on the lake.

image.jpeg

You do get in some pickles when fishing mate lol

On 8 September 2018 at 06:47, jules007 said:

You do get in some pickles when fishing mate lol

Either too much fishing time, or having bad times, so I remember to appreciate the good times.😉

Well last weekend didn't happen, too tired, too much to do, mostly involving sleep and sorting a car as mine failed its mot.😳

This weekend I am doing an agency shift tonight for the rich and famous at Newmarket, working a full day Saturday, and now sorting my gear to go Sunday to Tuesday.