Off to Thorpe Lea tomorrow...

Guest andypalf

I'm going to Thorpe Lea tomorrow and want to get a full day in. Quick question...what's the earliest you can get there and set up and when's the latest you have to leave on a day ticket?

Cheers, Andy

Guest andypalf

I had a pretty good day I reckon. I pitched up at 6:30am and had a bit of trouble finding a decent swim. But I found one to the left of the disabled pegs. Which left me with the only option to fish to the island in front of me.

But I made it work and pulled out a PB mirror 21lb8oz and another mirror about 14/15lb.

I might go back again but it was just too busy for my liking. And the PB feels slightly hollow because we all know how well stocked the lake is. But it's still a decent weight for that lake so I'm not going to complain.

Guest andypalf

It was busy. Very very busy. About 9 out of 10 pegs were taken. The one I got was one of about 3 left that you could actually cast out of. Go early if your'e just going for the day. Otherwise people were packing up through outt he day after 11am, so if you hang around you might get a decent swim.

• 1 year later...