Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

42 minutes ago, rob79 said:
I did a work party on our club water, and i must say found a few good swims that this bait pole would come in to its own...so want to get cracking and make one!

Greekskii & cyborx good points on using larger diameter conduit would be great for the last few sections (bank side) the only issue is screw connectors? because of different diameter/thread?

I'll be off on me bike at the weekend down to wicks & screw fix to see want i can get...

BTW, B.C. Any updates? CHEERS!

it shouldnt matter with connectors. you should be able to get them to connect different diameter pipes, say a 32mm (1" I/D) to a 25mm (3/4" I/D).

On 02/04/2018 at 12:27, greekskii said:

And if you havent BC could you do a picture guide when you do. 

One question. How do you ensure you rig lays out as you would hitting the clip? 

Two bits of rig foam back to back will see your rig stay upright for a while. I always cast out my multi rig this way and with a semi stiff hooklengh and a flattish bottom my rig is presented perfectly. I checked it too many times in the margin for it not too.😉

I attach my foam ‘Julian Cundiff’ style and it does exactly what you want it to do. 😎

I seen a lad on our local canal get an old battered pole out of about 8m then out came the piping and bang he was putting a bait under a tree fat margin..... very clever and cheap idea 😉😬

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

Two bits of rig foam back to back will see your rig stay upright for a while. I always cast out my multi rig this way and with a semi stiff hooklengh and a flattish bottom my rig is presented perfectly. I checked it too many times in the margin for it not too.😉

I attach my foam ‘Julian Cundiff’ style and it does exactly what you want it to do. 😎

I get that, I religiously use two bits of foam in pva mesh with the hook inbetween

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:42, rob79 said:

Sorry Rob, just haven't had time mate...… But couldn't stop thinking about it when I lapped a local lake yesterday, where I saw so many situations where a pole could/should be used..... Hopefully sometime next week I'll have put it together as best I can...… The thing you have to realise is that it it was it is, ie, it will do the job, but will have a few flaws compared to £150 shop bought version.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:29, greekskii said:

To be fare...…. I was hoping this thread would fade away into the archives lol...… Made a rod for my own back, pardon the pun...…. I'm just going to use it , as is, with a small pot attachment on one end.. (I'll get to that in the next week or so with pics, seeing as yoiu've given me a nudge)……… Got so much to do by the end of this month , that time is an issue. Plus , when I have got out, i'm fishing so close in, that the baiting pole hasn't entered my head,  

17 minutes ago, B.C. said:

To be fare...…. I was hoping this thread would fade away into the archives lol...… Made a rod for my own back, pardon the pun...…. I'm just going to use it , as is, with a small pot attachment on one end.. (I'll get to that in the next week or so with pics, seeing as yoiu've given me a nudge)……… Got so much to do by the end of this month , that time is an issue. Plus , when I have got out, i'm fishing so close in, that the baiting pole hasn't entered my head,  

no worries mate. I should be moving in to my house at the end of the month so will give making one a bash at some point!