Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

Plans for 2018 🎣🎣

Recommended Posts

On 11/23/2017 at 16:55, bluelabel said:

Retiring (semi) in October 2018... at 60 years old and having worked shifts since 1978 I'm tuning out, turning off, and chilling... A little 2/3 day a week  job to keep the mind/body ticking over and a bit of cash rolling in.... but gone will be the night shift and the 4am starts... The days off will be spent fishing, learning the guitar... and maybe finding a band that needs a bad drummer :D

Go for it ! Just don't expect everything to go exactly as you expect.  I retired 3 years ago and am actually fishing LESS now than when I was working, thanks to "Her Indoors's" habit of finding "stuff" for me to do, (always immediately of course), and then she grumbles that I don't go fishing!

 

BOF :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently I have a new hobby, (according to "Her Indoors"), making bait that I don't use "'cause I don't go fishing.."

Well you have to do something, I can't spend all the day watching TV whilst waiting for her to get ready.

 

BOF  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm heading for a private estate lake in Hampshire for the best part of April and May, I will know by the end of that time whether I need to return at a later date. After my annual grouse trip in mid August I heading for Poland for a month, then France for two weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To fish and hopefully nail a few of the better fish out the lake im currently on. Its this year or nothing as its coming up to baby making season, that will mean 2 little trouble makers so my fishing will then be at a premium.....until they are old enough to go fishing with me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my xmas wish is to find and settle on a water near enough to me to be able to do days out as well as the odd overnight, i think i did less than ten trips this year.

my mojo seems to have taken a wrong turn so getting back in the groove would be a bonus.

welcome back scientist :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

To fish and hopefully nail a few of the better fish out the lake im currently on. Its this year or nothing as its coming up to baby making season, that will mean 2 little trouble makers so my fishing will then be at a premium.....until they are old enough to go fishing with me!

But its great when they get to that stage !

BOF  :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remembered, when your kids get to the stage when going with Dad should be an adventure its important to make it one for them when the day arrives. Make sure to take a stove and cooking kit with you. Kids are almost always hungry, and cooking a hot sausage sarnie with them will be remembered long after other more important parts of the trip.

 

BOF  :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bof1 said:

Just remembered, when your kids get to the stage when going with Dad should be an adventure its important to make it one for them when the day arrives. Make sure to take a stove and cooking kit with you. Kids are almost always hungry, and cooking a hot sausage sarnie with them will be remembered long after other more important parts of the trip

 

My little en loves the whistling of the kettle the he knows his hot chocolate is ready for when hes in the bivvy, also with his ham n chees butties which i toast in the NGT sandwich toastie maker.

This year i hope he will start to hold the bigger fish..everything else he can do but wont hold for some reason..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 10:11, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Back to Black (Swan) for me. But if there is a repeat of the horrendous weed/algae at the height of the Summer then I’ll be dropping on to White. 

Do I detect a vast amount of particle preparation about to go on here?

That's my way of getting rid of all the green phlegm that seems to be so common these days. I spread Bucktons Pigeon Conditioner, soaked in boiling water overnight, and let the silvers and other Carp clear it off, (I use Bucktons as there are no big grains like Maize to slow the preparation process, even boiling it on the bank).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Highy said:

My little en loves the whistling of the kettle the he knows his hot chocolate is ready for when hes in the bivvy, also with his ham n chees butties which i toast in the NGT sandwich toastie maker.

 

If the NGT is like the Ridge Monkey job it will turn out a lovely warm Cornish pastie too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bof1 said:

Do I detect a vast amount of particle preparation about to go on here?

That's my way of getting rid of all the green phlegm that seems to be so common these days. I spread Bucktons Pigeon Conditioner, soaked in boiling water overnight, and let the silvers and other Carp clear it off, (I use Bucktons as there are no big grains like Maize to slow the preparation process, even boiling it on the bank).

Certainly helps if you can keep it going in. The problem this year occurred when the weed lifted in huge rafts and made it unfishable; massive ‘weedbergs’ drifted around wiping rods out continuously!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a lot of thought, I have made some plans for the new year, these include, trying to get out at least once a fortnight for a session either over night or just a day, also learning to use my marker / spod rod and clipping up on spots on every session, and this year l'm going to get the three rod licence so I can fish two on the spots and the other in the margins...... Happy new year to everyone 🎅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cloud9 said:

After a lot of thought, I have made some plans for the new year, these include, trying to get out at least once a fortnight for a session either over night or just a day, also learning to use my marker / spod rod and clipping up on spots on every session, and this year l'm going to get the three rod licence so I can fish two on the spots and the other in the margins...... Happy new year to everyone 🎅

If your only doing a day or a over nighter spod and marker rods proberly better off staying in the bag. Happy new year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...