Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Maybe...

Only season ticket holders are allowed to night fish it, carp are there, but in the main, its the stockies that have been the ones coming out. Deep water from a rod length out. 

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Maybe...

Only season ticket holders are allowed to night fish it, carp are there, but in the main, its the stockies that have been the ones coming out. Deep water from a rod length out. 

lol. Is there much in terms of stock in there? Wont be a water i fish for a few years i dont think, just noticed its within 30 minutes of home!

Hi Ginger 

I walked around a very small fraction of the water  this year - it's huge  , daunting ! .

Would you be considering fishing there on your own ? , because it looked kind of lonely ,and I would feel vulnerable , but then I am a wuss ! .

22 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hi Ginger 

I walked around a very small fraction of the water  this year - it's huge  , daunting ! .

Would you be considering fishing there on your own ? , because it looked kind of lonely ,and I would feel vulnerable , but then I am a wuss ! .

No idea mate. Haven’t set foot there. Just saw vs fisheries had put some c4’s in. I will take a walk round there at some point and maybe add it to the list. 

They put a few in last year too, looked like c2's or 3's. I had half an eye on it this time last year, I think 200 stockies was the number mentioned over the year, which sounded like a grain of sand in the desert It's a huge place.... Some good sized roach and pike. If I ever get fed up with the smaller waters in the area and want to chill out , with the "chance"of a fish, then it's definitely on the menu....... I think you are allowed dogs too, which offers added security......

No problems with dogs, but must be on a lead (although dog walkers tend not to follow that rule)

Personally I have had a couple of roach over 2lb out of there, along with numbers well over 1lb and had roach sessions disturbed by carp...

Its fun trying to play a bigger carp on 8lb braid to 4lb hooklink!

Sweetcorn or maggot over groundbait has been my standard bait.

Only a few pike over 20 have been caught, but you consider its potential is not yet known, as it has not been heavily fished for pike.

I think its quoted as over 350 acres, roughly double the size of Ardleigh, which is in itself not a small water at 167.

I can't remember the price of a season ticket, think its around £100, day tickets from tackle shops are £7.50, £15 on the bank.

9 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

but you consider its potential is not yet known,

You could say the same for the carp I guess. We've often spoke about some fish not taking anglers baits.... Who knows what could be in there?

Ginge, if you look on CAPS FB Page, there's some mad overhead footage of Abberton, shot by a drone, it even picks up some carp swimming, although not massive..... You might have to scroll down a while as I think it was posted 3 or 4 months ago.....

2 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Ginge, if you look on CAPS FB Page, there's some mad overhead footage of Abberton, shot by a drone, it even picks up some carp swimming, although not massive..... You might have to scroll down a while as I think it was posted 3 or 4 months ago.....

Why were caps filming there mate?

5 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Nice. I'll have to try find this outside of fb as I don't use it. Think I'm gunna go walk the dog along a section of it this week . Have a little gander 

Not sure about the fishing rights, think it's a nature reserve, but it's so vast, I wouldn't be surprised if the odd rod went in now and then.