Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Ginger9991 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=jkEewRH3KMY

 

heres one I found from the caps page. Didn’t notice any carp but I only scanned the video.

I could have sworn there was some carp footage, quite close up to.... Maybe they've edited it out if it's bought the wrong type of attention for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4 December 2017 at 11:43, Shakey74 said:

I didn't realise that they allowed night fishing on there now for season ticket holders. If only i had the time to give it a serious go :)

Its only been the past couple of years since they allowed it.

 

Get your season ticket and parking is included, although I would be wary of leaving my car overnight in The Wonder car park after I got back there one late evening after a few big roach, to discover a load of weed smokers hanging around my car. I know the head ranger moves them on, but he can't visit every car park all the time.

I know a few of the weights of carp caught from Ardleigh, its not just this years stock fish that have shown up, a couple were caught on floaters after being seen near the surface from a bridge...

 

Abberton bream found there way into the River Stour, and held the bream record for a few years, and I know that it was fished for pike for a while, I think Eddie Turner, Mr. ET tackle himself had gained permission to fish there. Its rumoured KN caught some pike himself, but I'm not sure on that one, although they were supposed to be very big fish. There are supposed to be plans to reopen sections for fishing that again.

Mind you, even with the new roadway, I came back from 5 Lakes and the wash was splashing over the road, bit scary that, even worse than heading over to Mersea Island!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 20:18, Dannygooner said:

I read last night on a forum that a carp was found dead weighing 69lb at abberton last night. Probably just hear say. But still, interesting 

its most eminently possible that fish of that weight and over live in there, a ressa that has over 10 miles of margin, 3 miles long and over 2 mile wide and that not taking into account the smaller section the other side of the causeway,

interesting fact: this ressa was used by 617 squadron (dam busters) for practice runs with the bouncing bombs for their campaign on the Rhur, during this practice it was refered to as 'colchester lake' 😛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cyborx said:

its most eminently possible that fish of that weight and over live in there, a ressa that has over 10 miles of margin, 3 miles long and over 2 mile wide and that not taking into account the smaller section the other side of the causeway,

interesting fact: this ressa was used by 617 squadron (dam busters) for practice runs with the bouncing bombs for their campaign on the Rhur, during this practice it was refered to as 'colchester lake' 😛

 

Interesting indeed.

Ardleigh had a mid 50 found dead on its banks years ago, although at the time it was not known if the fish was a dumped dead'un, or a fish that had lived in the reservoir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Interesting indeed.

Ardleigh had a mid 50 found dead on its banks years ago, although at the time it was not known if the fish was a dumped dead'un, or a fish that had lived in the reservoir.

A dumped dead' un? Like someone dumped it from elsewhere ?

i found a John Wilson at ardleigh btw mate. But it was pike and perch fishing. I can't find the bream fishing one, where he snaffles the carp anywhere. I only found the pike one by accident going through his back catalogue. It wasn't titled ardleigh. Annoying lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

A dumped dead' un? Like someone dumped it from elsewhere ?

i found a John Wilson at ardleigh btw mate. But it was pike and perch fishing. I can't find the bream fishing one, where he snaffles the carp anywhere. I only found the pike one by accident going through his back catalogue. It wasn't titled ardleigh. Annoying lol

Not known if it was an illegal import and dumped dead on the banks.

.

 

Don't know what the bream one will be under, Ardleigh or bream, but he did a couple of bream episodes. I can remember one at Melton as well as Ardleigh, and there was one with a number of big double figure bream from a Norfolk lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×