Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

Could somebody with a little "common sense" PM me please???

I confess to being a total numpty where electrical connections are concerned.

Looking to "hardwire" a fish finder to my new Lake Reaper bait boat.

A few pointers would really be appreciated from somebody who "knows what they are doing".

God I'm so useless sometimes..........

:(:(:(

Good luck with this, (I am a complete novice with this stuff as well, despite owning a Lucky Fish Finder for 4 years now).

Of course you could contact Joe Baitboat Jacobs on the Facebook "Bait boats for sale Carp Fishing" page, but he may charge for his advice, (its his business after all).

BOF  :wink:

Edited by bof1

11 hours ago, bof1 said:

Good luck with this, (I am a complete novice with this stuff as well, despite owning a Lucky Fish Finder for 4 years now).

Haha! We sound a right pair, maybe we should set up in business together lol!

Thought I was getting a bit of a bargain. Guy on the bay selling the exact model that Howes fit to the Lake Reaper for £60.00 (hardly used) when Howes charge £235.00!

Didn't read the "blurb" properly.....that'll learn me.

:lol:

One wire soldered to the onside of your boat power switch, the other to the battery negative, with DC power, it doesnt really matter, it works on potential difference, if you reversed the boat battery leads it would just reverse the controls on your remote, no damage, AC  motors work differently, a commutator reverses currents in an electro magnetic field to maintain direction.

4 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

One wire soldered to the onside of your boat power switch, the other to the battery negative, with DC power, it doesnt really matter, it works on potential difference, if you reversed the boat battery leads it would just reverse the controls on your remote, no damage, AC  motors work differently, a commutator reverses currents in an electro magnetic field to maintain direction.

Errrr...........English please mate????

:lol:

22 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

One wire to the onside of your boats power switch, the other to the battery negative lead, shouldnt have a problem.

Thanks for the advice Geezer.

My Son Nick (who is at Uni at the moment) is home on the 17th. He has a soldering iron, and is pretty clued up where this sort of thing is concerned (wiring, not fish finders lol!). I'll get him to have a bash when he gets home. I didn't want to start hacking around at my new boat lol!

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

would it not be better to have a separate switch for the fish finder if your running it off the bait boat battery, as you won't need it on every time you use the boat so won't drain the battery & draw power away from the motors.  

The transponder that needs wiring up has it's own on/off toggle switch. Wouldn't that be ok??

16 hours ago, chillfactor said:

ah yes that should be fine then smuft , will try & get Pete to log on for you he does boat upgrades for people so he will definitely know .

That would be great as I could do with some help here.....:lol:

56 minutes ago, Pete simmo simmons said:

Boom Boom Im back been to long guys, how can I help?

Hi Pete.

At work at the moment so can't really post but can I contact you tonight please fella?

Just bought a Lake Reaper bait boat and Fishfinder, and I need a few pointers in fitting the fishfinder.

I'm a numpty where things like that are concerned.

Cheers

Rob

Edited by smufter

Hi Pete

just checked and apparently I can't attached pictures to a private message the same was I can on the site, so hope this helps.

As I say, I've just bought a brand new Lake Reaper along with this FishFinder... the third picture is of the bracket I have just purchased from ebay to replace the "sucker" one that comes as standard with the fish finder.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg