Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

Could somebody with a little "common sense" PM me please???

4 hours ago, smufter said:

Would this be okay to run the actual fishfinders display off?

https://www.thebatteryshop.co.uk/np7-12-yuasa-12v-7ah-lead-acid-battery-np7-12s-306-p.asp

Don't want to spend a fortune and it will only be used when I go to France.

haha! think you may find that would sink your boat matey, it weighs in at an unhealthy 2.7kg. at 12v 7ah its more like a motorbike battery too.

this is the one you want and i bet its a tad cheaper too :lol:

https://www.thesafetycentre.co.uk/

Edited by cyborx

2 hours ago, cloud9 said:

I'm guessing that the display is not on the boat , but stays on the bank and there is a transmitter involved somewhere.......?

Is the correct answer. I am assuming that the transmitter is powered by the batteries already installed in the boat, but I need to power the colour display somehow

7 hours ago, smufter said:

Would this be okay to run the actual fishfinders display off?

https://www.thebatteryshop.co.uk/np7-12-yuasa-12v-7ah-lead-acid-battery-np7-12s-306-p.asp

Don't want to spend a fortune and it will only be used when I go to France.

That's a decent price, I keep the ones from the emergency lights at work that are still good but outdated to run my underwater camera.

32 minutes ago, Pete simmo simmons said:

Yes mate, are you still waiting for the bracket for the sounder?

I am mate, but it's saying it's been dispatched so it may well be here by the end of the week.

It only fits with velcro anywaY

8)

17 hours ago, smufter said:

Is the correct answer. I am assuming that the transmitter is powered by the batteries already installed in the boat, but I need to power the colour display somehow

what you should be looking for is a 12v 2.5ah cell to run the display from, if you go too high on the amps without a resistor inline you 'may' do some damage, that site i tagged earlier will have the one you need and for about £5-7. 

best of luck boyo :lol:

15 minutes ago, cyborx said:

what you should be looking for is a 12v 2.5ah cell to run the display from, if you go too high on the amps without a resistor inline you 'may' do some damage, that site i tagged earlier will have the one you need and for about £5-7. 

best of luck boyo :lol:

I was advised to get the 7amp one Geezer.

That's now on it's way.......

:?

Sorry to say that information is incorrect, the higher the current on the battery means your device will last longer, the echo sounder display unit draws about 82 milliamperes which means a 12 volt 1 amp battery will last just over ten hours,no need for any added resistors.

3 minutes ago, Pete simmo simmons said:

Sorry to say that information is incorrect, the higher the current on the battery means your device will last longer, the echo sounder display unit draws about 82 milliamperes which means a 12 volt 1 amp battery will last just over ten hours,no need for any added resistors.

So I'm okay with the 7amp one Pete???

On 07/12/2017 at 07:03, carpmachine said:

One wire soldered to the onside of your boat power switch, the other to the battery negative, with DC power, it doesnt really matter, it works on potential difference, if you reversed the boat battery leads it would just reverse the controls on your remote, no damage, AC  motors work differently, a commutator reverses currents in an electro magnetic field to maintain direction.

Im sorry to say that you are thinking of AC alternating current, with DC direct current if you connect the unit the wrong way round it will blow it, unless they have fitted an idiot diode which only allows current to flow the correct way, if they have then it just doesn't work all you do then is swap them around.

8 minutes ago, Pete simmo simmons said:

Yes, but a bit of an overkill, I bought a 2.8amp lipo battery and charger on ebay for £8.20 and if you look at the pictures above my battery is stuck to the back of the unit

Oh well. As I say, it's on it's way now.

It's not too big or heavy, so it'll do for now.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Pete simmo simmons said:

Yes, but a bit of an overkill, I bought a 2.8amp lipo battery and charger on ebay for £8.20 and if you look at the pictures above my battery is stuck to the back of the unit

glad to see i was partly right about the 7ah being overkill but im afraid my info was gleaned back in the days of transistors, so the 2.5 one i linked should be good for a couple of days between charge then?