Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Dannygooner

Multi use rod (quiver tip and float)

Maybe a stupid question, but is there such thing. Also what tc would I want ? I just want a rod that I can rove rivers with , hunting various kinds of fish( pike, Perch, roach, bream) and change tactics if I wish. Any ideas fellas ? Cheers 

Good call by Yonny the original marketed by Ryobi and reputedly designed by Jill Foster formerly of Fosters of Brum.

A few firms now do avon style twin tip rods and most are worth a look I am currently using some Greys prodigy barbell rods and absolutely love the so my Wilsons have been passed onto the wife who has continued to catch good Chub, Barbel and Bream from the Ouse using them.

Good luck Cheers

Ian

Given the larger sizes of the fish these days, I'd say that the original John Wilson rod at 1.25lbs is a bit undergunned... I'd look for a Barbel twin top rod of 1.5 -1.75lbs it may be a bit heavy for silver fish  but it'll handle carp up to the 20lb mark just fine

6 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Given the larger sizes of the fish these days, I'd say that the original John Wilson rod at 1.25lbs is a bit undergunned... I'd look for a Barbel twin top rod of 1.5 -1.75lbs it may be a bit heavy for silver fish  but it'll handle carp up to the 20lb mark just fine

I've just found that Nash do the scopes in 1.75 and even the cheaper dwarf version. Thinking of grabbing two of these as I have a river holiday this year and plan on walking a few stretches locally when possible( when warmer). Do you think these would be suitable? As a good all rounder? I like the fact these are compact and light also. 

1 minute ago, spr1985 said:

Did you also check the nash h-gun range? It's the cheaper alternative to the scopes 

I did as it goes but couldn't find any 1.75tc. To be honest mate, now wherever I'm clicking on the dwarfs 1.75tc it's saying out of stock. Determined to get me to lay out on the scopes arnt they 😓Lol did you get back on that river by any chance?

I'd keep a look out for a 1.75 twin tip Barbel rod mate...  for an all rounder they take a bit of beating... if you are really that keen on the Dwarf's, pop into Angling Direct (Essex...? Chelmsford would be best) and order one.... they are about £70-80 they should be able to get you one before the Chrimbo hols

7 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

I'd keep a look out for a 1.75 twin tip Barbel rod mate...  for an all rounder they take a bit of beating... if you are really that keen on the Dwarf's, pop into Angling Direct (Essex...? Chelmsford would be best) and order one.... they are about £70-80 they should be able to get you one before the Chrimbo hols

Cheers buddy. I'll look into that. I did actually look at the fox barbel rod. But it was a little pricey. I'm pretty new to fishing so just know what the tools for the job are has been a challenge.