Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cloud9

anyone got 300K ?

Recommended Posts

I know this lake, used to fish it years ago. Pretty little water.

I actually thought it had been sold..... a mate of mine said he knew the buyer......

"a number of fish in excess of 40 lb"...... I'd take that with a pinch of salt boys......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those 40s turned up overnight from what I heard. It was bought, fenced, stocked, some improvements and then up for sale again. Something odd about that. The otter fence clearly isnt properly done as @cyborx said. the gate isnt otter proof! A simple fix though. Could be a good investment to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, greekskii said:

It was bought, fenced, stocked, some improvements and then up for sale again. Something odd about that.

It is a bit weird innit..... As a business venture they'll no doubt make a nice little profit if they get the asking price but as a business itself the place aint worth a fraction of that so I'd be amazed if they get it. No idea what it's worth as a property mind.....

It never seemed rich enough to support a stock of 300 fish when I fished it. Plenty of silt and pads but no weed at all, the place is tiny too.

With a lottery win I'd snap it up myself, great potential as a low stock syndi. Imo you'd struggle to make it profitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

As the water comes from ground run off, i would be concerned by the water levels during a long hot summer, not that we get many of those, it also reads like a house flip sale, bought fixed up and sold.

'fixed' in the loosest sense of the word. From what I hear the otter fence isn't great, the stock is too high and the big fish are suspected to be imports or illegals and they have 'treated' the lillies by removing almost all of them and making it a bit of a wasteland in regards to snags, features, security for the fish. 

I think you'd need to re-invest a fair amount to make it natural again, if you chose to run it like that. 

I'm with yonny, a small low stock syndi. but never a return on that so not viable IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, greekskii said:

Those 40s turned up overnight from what I heard. It was bought, fenced, stocked, some improvements and then up for sale again. Something odd about that. The otter fence clearly isn't properly done as @cyborx said. the gate isn't otter proof! A simple fix though. Could be a good investment to be honest.

I doubt the intention was to turn a quick profit, I suspect whoever bought it didn't have enough money to finish and ended up in debt trying to finish everything they wanted to do; it's a shame, but quite common in business especially where hobbies are involved and anglers are the worse ones going, I'm sure there are plenty of anglers turned boilie makers / tackle shop owners that can attest to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, yonny said:

An asking price of quarter of a million for a 60k business says it all.....

not just a 60K business though is it, theres also just under 10.5 acres of prime land to go with it and that aint cheap, should be C£10,000 per acre and going up every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, cyborx said:

theres also just under 10.5 acres of prime land to go with it and that aint cheap, should be C£10,000 per acre and going up every year.

For sure Cyborgx, tbf I had no idea what the place was worth as a property, but by that reckoning it's still overpriced by a hundred grand:shock:

I'd still buy it with a lottery win lol.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, yonny said:

For sure Cyborgx, tbf I had no idea what the place was worth as a property, but by that reckoning it's still overpriced by a hundred grand:shock:

I'd still buy it with a lottery win lol.......

would be a nice place to retire to @yonny

around that area arable prices have been climbing year on year by 11.2% since 1980 and last year they took a 22% rise, i bet that has been factored into the asking price and (i would suspect) it would make it more attractive to the investment market.

£300.000 invested for ten years in a working business + land values @11% per annum should see your initial investment triple at least, not withstanding the running costs and tax write offs :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never actually been down there for a look round, I can remember seeing it from the road about 10 years ago and it looked over grown from what I remember, maybe worth a walk down the lane over the Christmas period ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm,A lot to think on,loads of good ideas from everyone though.To me it could support 100 Syndicate  members at £400 pa(,that's if the stock,fencing facilities are as stated)With some restriction,so  There would then be the option to rent out the lake for certain periods as a whole or in part as suggested.There's lots of options,plus if you bought the whole lot there's an income from the arable land and the option of other businesses upon or created on that land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dogger said:

Hmmm,A lot to think on,loads of good ideas from everyone though.To me it could support 100 Syndicate  members at £400 pa(,that's if the stock,fencing facilities are as stated)With some restriction,so  There would then be the option to rent out the lake for certain periods as a whole or in part as suggested.There's lots of options,plus if you bought the whole lot there's an income from the arable land and the option of other businesses upon or created on that land.

100 members in just over 7 acres?! What if they all turned up at the same time?

£400 a year? What justification is there for that sort of price on what currently exists? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dogger said:

To me it could support 100 Syndicate  members at £400 pa

With all due respect buddy, I think that's absurd!! You'd be lucky to get a swim.

For 400 quid it'd be nice to be able to fish it!

IMO 20 or 30 members max for a 7 acre water.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear what everyone says and I will try and answer each point.With regard to the price of £400 pa,I did say it depends what's there if its as described fish condition etc that's what you would pay around Cheshire and more at some places.So if there are fortys and its all otter proof and toilets etc if not they would be provided in order to command that price.The fishery would never get overfull as there would be a max number allowed at any one time and you would have to book on via electronic calendar.

I'm a member of a syndicate on a two and a half acre lake that has thirty members and max four at any one time,booking on by electronic calendar.Your not allowed to pre book silly amounts of sessions either and its worked perfectly for the last few seasons.I hope that answers some of the points raised. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dogger said:

I'm a member of a syndicate on a two and a half acre lake that has thirty members and max four at any one time,booking on by electronic calendar.Your not allowed to pre book silly amounts of sessions either and its worked perfectly for the last few seasons.

How much do you pay for that bud?

If I paid 400 quid for a a ticket (I actually pay significantly more than that) I'd want to fish whenever I wanted, and (within reason) for as long as I wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...