Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
TnCarper

Method Mix And Texture

I need a little help with getting the texture of method mixs just right. In the past, they have come out paste like, and I know thats not what I'm looking for. So I'm asking, what kind of texture am I looking for?

On a side note, is CSL a good liquid to use to wet the mix?

Thanks in advance.

method mix should have all the dry components mixed first and then just add a little (half cup) of lake water with your additives stirred in, mix thoroughly till all the liquid has been absorbed.

take a hand full and squeeze and if it falls apart add a little more liquid, just a few drops at a time and testing a bit till it looks dry but holds together.

if any liquid squeezes out then add more dry stuff, when its right it shouldn't stick to your hand.

There are 2 ways of looking at it, if you want it all to come off on impact, make it sloppy if you want it to stick tight, make it drier, you always want to clip up and bang out 6 casts in quick sucession to put down a bed, make that a bit damper, the rest, dont make it too easy to remove, make them work and it gives weight to the bolt effect, rods at right angles, tight line, baitrunner loose and dont hit all the twitchs, some quite violent, wait till the baitrunner piles into a screamer, you wont miss many, they hook themselves.