Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
greekskii

January catch reports

I'll kick this one off. Seems like we have all had a rough time of it lately!

After 5 blank nights over December I was out for a day session on Saturday and about 20mins after dropping a snowman hookbait a rod length off the dam wall I landed this mid double. I did absolutely ruin the pics, probably out of practice or due to the cold. Not that it matters really. 

IMG_0810.JPG

Cheers mate. Was right out of the blue. So many snags been dragged on the dam wall due to the suction from the outflow. I was lucky to get it down safe. 

Mick had a single figure fish just on dark from the willow. He somehow manages to bag the smaller fish all the time.

He is always saying about 8-9lbers and mid doubles. Catching when others aren't but seemingly the smaller fish a lot of us seem to never see. Does pop up with a few 20s occasionally though. He uses small hookbaits. At the minute size 10 hooks with a tiny orange pop up or bottom bait. 

10 hours ago, crusian said:

What about the 'photo with your happy smiling face Smufter , I think a lot of people prefer that one as it sums it all up .

:)

God only knows what I was doing in this one!!!!.......

IMG_20180123_160235.jpg

17 hours ago, ianain said:

It's a look of surprise, disbelief, amazement and sheer childish joy. Absolutely priceless - it's what fishing can mean to most of us, long may it continue :)

you forgot Goofyness bud, there is definitely a touch of Goofyness in there :wink:

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 19:23, ianain said:

It's a look of surprise, disbelief, amazement and sheer childish joy. Absolutely priceless - it's what fishing can mean to most of us, long may it continue :)

This is what I love about this forum. It's stories and pics like this that just cheer you up.... Marvelous. And, I for one, will remember all of Smufter's blanks and tales of really hard sessions before landing that beauty, whenever I'm on a run of blanks..... Sheer inspiration for anyone.:)

13 minutes ago, B.C. said:

This is what I love about this forum. It's stories and pics like this that just cheer you up.... Marvelous. And, I for one, will remember all of Smufter's blanks and tales of really hard sessions before landing that beauty, whenever I'm on a run of blanks..... Sheer inspiration for anyone.:)

Cheers mate. Out again on Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed and now the monkey's off my back I feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing. But I won't get complacent.....and I'll put my hat on straight and slap a bit of make up on just in case I get photo'd again!! 8)

Edited by smufter

Just now, smufter said:

Cheers mate. Out again on Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed and now the monkey's off my back I feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing. But I won't get complacent.....

That first fish means everything on any water. A lot of the time, blanks equals knowledge gained. ... Amazing how a single bite can change everything (2 bites now I believe?).. Let us know how it goes mate. Glad to hear you are feeling more relaxed about it now, that's a big part of it for me.

All the best :)

cheers mate. It did smell unreal, I did try it too, Wonderful.

I had a little glass of the mint choc stuff the other night. Room temp it was well balanced. I dropped an ice cube in it the mint flavour came out a lot more than the choc. Not sure I want to be using it for fishing tbh with the mint flavour. But then mint works for carp so I'm going to risk it!

Finally, broke the curse! First fish in over a month I believe:

20180129_163610.thumb.jpg.bdafec921aecc77dbe52e9ef36112c53.jpg

Not big at all, but a fish nevertheless. Photo could been better, everythings a bit distorted, but I was working quickly to get the fish back in the water to recover as soon as possible.