Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

Whoohoo!!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€

3 hours ago, smufter said:

Cheers lads. Still on cloud nine. I wasn't going to give up.ย 

May I ask how big?

ย 

With looks like that though it doesn't really matter though, it is a beautiful fish.

8 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Well done mate. It warmed up a few degrees today. Looked good for a fish

It was a bit milder mate, 9 degrees when I left home, rather than the 3 or 4 it's been lately!!

Horrible day though, blowing a gale and raining for most of it. Made it quite difficult, if not impossible, to see any signs of fish movement.

Having said that, I'd noticed a couple of times during the early part of the day some bigger ripples coming out of one of the small overgrown bays in my swim. Double checked to make sure it wasn't the ducks, and decided that there was something definitely mooching about in there. Managed to get a rig in there without creating too much of a disturbance, and fired a few freebies around it. Sat on my hands for a couple of hours, was just contemplating starting to pack up as I was a bit wet and miserable, and then the rod tore off. The wind was making such a racket in the trees I only just heard the alarm go off. Came in quite easy at first, I didn't think it was much of a fish to be honest, but then when I got it into open water it took off. I got a good glimpse of it a couple of times and could see it was a nice fat one and I've got to be honest, my heart was in my mouth then.

I don't normally get nervous when I'm playing a fish, but bearing in mind how much time and effort I have put in trying to winkle one out from here, you can understand how the thought of losing it after all this time was playing on my mind. Played it nice and calmly, letting her have some line when she needed it, last thing I wanted to do was "bully" it. After about 10 minutes I finally got her into the net. The sense of relief was immeasurable. I'm still buzzing some 12 hours later lol!!ย