Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jh92

Dogs and fishing

On 25/05/2018 at 06:47, smufter said:

I've just introduced a mate of mine to White Cottage, and he has a Frenchie as a bivvy buddy. 

He bought him along for a 72 hour session the other week, what an absolute corker of a dog.

So well behaved, superb temperament and great character.

Steve, our bailiff, has a beautiful Collie named Jess. She's a right character, always wanting you to throw sticks for her, and if you do it the once, she won't leave you alone! She can hear a sausage roll being unwrapped from 300 yards away too!! 

I'd love a dog to take with me, but with the wife and I both working full time it rules it out for a few more years.

I find having a dog limits where I can go a lot too  which is a shame 

I have a well-trained border collie and could not contemplate fishing without him. I only have to say the word “fishing” and he is at the door wagging his tail.

He will sit and stare at my rod tips all day long. He knows I have a bite before I do and lets me know.

I was walking around a local lake yesterday and got chatting to an angler. Dog barked like mad, angler looked up, realised he had a bite, and caught a small perch.

His reward is always a swim at the end of a session.

Riley.jpg