Jump to content

Dogs and fishing


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

She’s 11 months old and far too intelligent for me! Lol! She had a bad start in life and has a fear of men, loud noises, cars, the list goes on! She loves children and has a pathological hatred of cats! She needs at least two good walks a day and she goes to doggy day care when my wife and I are both working so she isn’t left for hours on end. She’s not my first rescue, but she needs the most work and effort to train her. It’s going to be a long road as she has real deep seated anxieties from her past life which need gently correcting, but she improves steadily, she’s so loving and protective of us, (my wife especially) it’s worth the input! I would like her to become a carp dog, but we are a long way from that yet, she’s intelligent though, she learns quickly, which is both a blessing and a curse as if she has a bad experience, she doesn’t forget! 

Time and love ouch trust me I can’t put the pics of what my misses rescued but what she is now butty just through love an care 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the same without my old girl with me especially on the long sessions , my new water allows dogs witch is great as she's getting on now bless her & want to make the most of the time left with h

Hopefully some Carp Hound shots to come... 12week old French Bulldog "Theo"

Thought I'd give you an update on this, we've done about 5 successful sessions so far, it's been an absolute pleasure. No problems at all really, she will sit and watch the birds on the lake without g

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Carpmaster said:

Time and love ouch trust me I can’t put the pics of what my misses rescued but what she is now butty just through love an care 

Exactly that mate, exactly that. She needs love, time, reassurance and positive reinforcement. Oh and a few treats along the way! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2021 at 15:00, ouchthathurt said:

She’s 11 months old and far too intelligent for me! Lol! She had a bad start in life and has a fear of men, loud noises, cars, the list goes on! She loves children and has a pathological hatred of cats! She needs at least two good walks a day and she goes to doggy day care when my wife and I are both working so she isn’t left for hours on end. She’s not my first rescue, but she needs the most work and effort to train her. It’s going to be a long road as she has real deep seated anxieties from her past life which need gently correcting, but she improves steadily, she’s so loving and protective of us, (my wife especially) it’s worth the input! I would like her to become a carp dog, but we are a long way from that yet, she’s intelligent though, she learns quickly, which is both a blessing and a curse as if she has a bad experience, she doesn’t forget! 

Since getting mine I've got right into dog training, I love it 😀 It's amazing having a dog willing to do and learn new stuff just for praise and treats lol. We train every day and love going on hikes. I wanted mine to be a carp dog but she is just too highly strung. She's a barker, does not like people getting close to the bivvy and just makes it hard fishing lakes so she has to stay at home lol. 

This is from a hike on dartmoor before all this started happening. Just hoping we can get out again after restrictions ease.

DSC_0467.thumb.JPG.cbca3cf68046b296ebb18b4799fd8e8b.JPG

 

Good luck with yours, hopefully you can get her on the bank one day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Since getting mine I've got right into dog training, I love it 😀 It's amazing having a dog willing to do and learn new stuff just for praise and treats lol. We train every day and love going on hikes. I wanted mine to be a carp dog but she is just too highly strung. She's a barker, does not like people getting close to the bivvy and just makes it hard fishing lakes so she has to stay at home lol. 

This is from a hike on dartmoor before all this started happening. Just hoping we can get out again after restrictions ease.

DSC_0467.thumb.JPG.cbca3cf68046b296ebb18b4799fd8e8b.JPG

 

Good luck with yours, hopefully you can get her on the bank one day!

Nice staff.  Haven’t been to Dartmoor since I’ve been a good boy 😊😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Yep she’s got a rubber fetish her nickname is the GIMP 😂😂

Brilliant 😂

5 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

She was nearly dead when my misses rescued her 2 yrs ago they saved each other the misses was in a bad place too we wasn’t together then just friends 

Well it looks like she's struck gold now mate such a happy looking dog and fair play to your missus! I think dogs make awesome companions, mine comes pretty much everywhere with me... I pick up the keys and she'll be waiting by the front door wanting to come with 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Brilliant 😂

Well it looks like she's struck gold now mate such a happy looking dog and fair play to your missus! I think dogs make awesome companions, mine comes pretty much everywhere with me... I pick up the keys and she'll be waiting by the front door wanting to come with 😂

I take mine out for miles just not by sheep or ducks etc but I’m up the Bally’s so encounters are the norm she’s much better now she listens I love my dog best friend you’ll have in a way I’m glad she’s not a good fishing dog as I know my misses is safe when I’m away 

06F47D83-A22F-443F-86FD-2F05CEB95546.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...