Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Hi all!

 

New to the forum! looking forward to chatting to you all about all things carpy! let's share info :)

Mainly fish Norfolk lakes but i am branching into fishing for river carp and big pike!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnglingAnt said:

Hi all!

 

New to the forum! looking forward to chatting to you all about all things carpy! let's share info :)

Mainly fish Norfolk lakes but i am branching into fishing for river carp and big pike!  

Welcome ! Being from Norfolk, do you know  of definitive big carp captures on the broads? I've heard a few wafty fisherman tales, though after much searching no photos. I only ask as I'm holidaying on the broads, on a hire boat this summer. Plan on putting a few dead baits out at night. Some silver bashing and lure fishing at first light and dusk. Cheers 👍🏻

Edited by Dannygooner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Welcome ! Being from Norfolk, do you know  of definitive big carp captures on the broads? I've heard a few wafty fisherman tales, though after much searching no photos. 

yeah that old chestnut :lol:, same as you my friend only stories and conjecture I'm afraid, i am sure there is monsters in there though :wink: also tales of big catfish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ianain said:

Welcome to the forum, I take it that's a new addition to your family and future angler in your avatar?

Yes indeed that's my little girl :) she's alot bigger than that now though! that photo was last year. and yes she is going to be the next terry hearn....( female version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnglingAnt said:

yeah that old chestnut :lol:, same as you my friend only stories and conjecture I'm afraid, i am sure there is monsters in there though :wink: also tales of big catfish.

I did read of some stories of 50+ cats. Yet again though, not a picture to be seen lol. Thoughts on piking on there in the summer buddy? I see lots of conflicting thoughts. I'll be sticking a few dead baits out of an evening regardless to be honest. I'm careful with fish and don't mess about getting them back. Just wondered how your fare on the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AnglingAnt said:

Yes indeed that's my little girl :) she's alot bigger than that now though! that photo was last year. and yes she is going to be the next terry hearn....( female version)

Enjoy every minute mate :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

 Thoughts on piking on there in the summer buddy? I see lots of conflicting thoughts. I'll be sticking a few dead baits out of an evening regardless to be honest. 

I have only ever been out on the broads with spinners and lures, but cant see why that wouldn't work mate! are you going to be on a boat or the bank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnglingAnt said:

I have only ever been out on the broads with spinners and lures, but cant see why that wouldn't work mate! are you going to be on a boat or the bank?

On a boat. I'll Defo be doing some dropshotting and lure fishing too. Just figure  I can sit back, chill and put a few rods on alarms through the night. In regards to the carp, I saw multiple people saying they come out of ranworth looking through various forums. One guy saying he got snapped up bream fishing twice in one night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

 In regards to the carp, I saw multiple people saying they come out of ranworth looking through various forums. One guy saying he got snapped up bream fishing twice in one night 

Ranworth has come up several times in conversation with friends. I have seen an image of a mid double common that supposedly came from Ranworth broad but the person who showed me the photograph was how do i say.... known for spinning a good yarn so it could of come from anywhere really :wink: but yeah, im sure they are in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

You ever fished homertons @AnglingAnt. I think it's in Norfolk anyway. Recall seeing it on a John Wilson show. Looked like some water. Stunning

Not sure about homertons but i know there is a lake on the border of norfolk/suffolk called homersfield, but I havent fished it meant to be good though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dannygooner said:

Homersfield would be the one lol. 

Don't tend to venture too far afield at the mo, due to work and whatnot most of my fishing is done in the summer stalking small pits in and around norwich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×