Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

March catch reports.......................

This one's just popped up in my memories, caught  a year ago today , unfortunately due to otters I'll no longer be fishing the lake as we are going to net it & move what ever is left somewhere safe.  Hopefully this common has survived as it' a cracker . If it's not fenced it's just a matter of time ! Enjoy it while you can .

FB_IMG_1520846759371.thumb.jpg.cbb4721650a26041b1ab9c7a36509bf4.jpg

11 hours ago, smufter said:

No I haven't caught one yet, but thought I'd start this thread for when I do tomorrow.

:wink::wink::wink: 

Well it's been said before that confidence is the key , so go get them Smufter ! .

Will you be using your mate's Coconut Boilies ? .

Tight lines .

:)

1 hour ago, crusian said:

What a beauty Mufty , lovely colours .

Any more 'photos from a different angle pls. ? .

They won't upload , saying it only Uploads a max of 8mb. 

Just lost a nice one.

Goose flew through my line and snapped me off as I was playing it.

Proper gutted.

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

They won't upload , saying it only Uploads a max of 8mb. 

Just lost a nice one.

Goose flew through my line and snapped me off as I was playing it.

Proper gutted.

I'm think I read once that Kevin Nash had been after a particular Carp for 7 years ; finally hooked it , was playing it when a Swan landed on his line which tangled around its legs . Swan's trying to take off , Carp's trying to dive down - line snaps ! .

So it's Goose for dinner ? .

8 minutes ago, crusian said:

I'm think I read once that Kevin Nash had been after a particular Carp for 7 years ; finally hooked it , was playing it when a Swan landed on his line which tangled around its legs . Swan's trying to take off , Carp's trying to dive down - line snaps ! .

So it's Goose for dinner ? .

Second time it's happened to me but the 1st time I was playing a swan not a fish so the goose did me a favour. 

On 3/12/2018 at 18:37, crusian said:

Well it's been said before that confidence is the key , so go get them Smufter ! .

Will you be using your mate's Coconut Boilies ? .

Tight lines .

No mate, I was using Plan b. Blanked, but a cracking day, and the fish are waking up. Lot's of tail swirls and fizzing up. Had one take but missed it. It was one of those days that was exciting without catching, if you know what I mean. With the amount of fish movement you never knew what was going to happen next, any time could have been bite time. Bodes well for the next few weeks. With the bait I had left over, I baited up a few different spots ready for next week.....

15 hours ago, smufter said:

No mate, I was using Plan b. Blanked, but a cracking day, and the fish are waking up. Lot's of tail swirls and fizzing up. Had one take but missed it. It was one of those days that was exciting without catching, if you know what I mean. With the amount of fish movement you never knew what was going to happen next, any time could have been bite time. Bodes well for the next few weeks. With the bait I had left over, I baited up a few different spots ready for next week.....

Yes that sounds very promising Smufter .

Let's hope this weekend's cold snap is just a blip in the weather , your excitement is palpable and infectious ! .

8 hours ago, crusian said:

Let's hope this weekend's cold snap is just a blip in the weather , your excitement is palpable and infectious ! .

Fingers crossed. Temperatures look like they are rising again for Monday and Tuesday but a lot depends on what happens over the week-end. Snow and minus figures forecast for down South, so will see what it's like on the day.
Very frustrating though. One step forward, two steps back at the moment. I'm in desperate need to sort the shed out, and pare down some of my gear. Got a lot of junk in there that I don't use anymore which is taking up space. So it may well be a day for doing that and tying up a few more rigs..... 

12 hours ago, crusian said:

Damn! Somebody went into "my" swim on an overnighter and has pulled out 3 in my pre-baited spots.....

:(

1 hour ago, smufter said:

Damn! Somebody went into "my" swim on an overnighter and has pulled out 3 in my pre-baited spots.....

:(

Danger of prebaiting. But could have been you. Shows it's working. Although it may be a 'hot' swim for a while! 

1 hour ago, greekskii said:

Danger of prebaiting. But could have been you. Shows it's working. Although it may be a 'hot' swim for a while! 

I've booked it up for the next two Tuesdays

8)