Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

March catch reports.......................

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, smufter said:

I've never used Responsive so couldn't comment, but all of my dealings with ABS have been positive and I will continue to use their products. As has been said before, what Geoff Bowers doesn't know about bait making isn't worth knowing. 
They have a great selection covering all scenarios, and will make up baits to your specific requirements, chopping and changing ingredients if you want to try something a little different. Their prices are very competitive too, especially if you can get to meet up with their van that travels the M25, thereby avoiding the dreaded delivery charges!
I will definitely be taking their baits to France with me, they actually make the bait for Genesis Lake where we are going, so it seems common sense to use it.
Their Maple Cream Nut has been doing the rounds for years, and is highly regarded. 
Their new Krill based bait (Hydra K) has cleaned up in testing and people are raving about it. If I needed a fishmeal based bait, I would be going on to this no question.

 

 

Hi Smufter

I guess you have your bait delivered rather than make a special journey up to the M25 ? .

What's your experience of having bait delivered to you , i.e. what courier does ABS use please ? .

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, B.C. said:

Some wise words there imo..... So probably best to fish somewhere on your doorstep, where you can have a little walk round between sessions.....

Spot on mate.... certainly going to help + keep a little bit of bait going in . 

In a bit of a quandary myself now with my local coming to an end because of otters & my syndi being 2 - 3 hours away .

 

Going to have to fish nige's spots :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Ended up with 3 carp this evening. 

Also lost one and had a bream.

Definitely waking up now and the carp didn't feel cold at all.

 

Well done mate. You're right about one thing, they are definitely waking up.

But the water at my place on Tuesday was freezing!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Muft,  I almost said the other day when you had that cracker how they looked in better condition , that's down to you more than anyone mate pushing your club to get some advice  . 

Cracking  common 8)

 

To be fair mate since Andrew came down they have put a lot of work into the lakes and taken his advice .

The only problem is we get massive algae blooms and oxygen crashes as soon as we get the 1st bit of proper warm weather.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

To be fair mate since Andrew came down they have put a lot of work into the lakes and taken his advice .

The only problem is we get massive algae blooms and oxygen crashes as soon as we get the 1st bit of proper warm weather.

 

He knows his stuff mate.... which is why I was happy to give you his number , if your club keeps on implementing his advice the lakes will go from strength to strength, with less fish hopefully the oxygen crashes won't be so harsh on the stock .  A good  few bails of barley straw can help with algue blooms on a lake that size , could be worth a mention . 

Fish definitely look better though mate that's for sure 8)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

He knows his stuff mate.... which is why I was happy to give you his number , if your club keeps on implementing his advice the lakes will go from strength to strength, with less fish hopefully the oxygen crashes won't be so harsh on the stock .  A good  few bails of barley straw can help with algue blooms on a lake that size , could be worth a mention . 

Fish definitely look better though mate that's for sure 8)

 

They do the barley straw every year and have put a couple of areators in .

I think the problem is that it's very shallow and warms up so quickly.

There was a massive fish kill about 5 years ago that wiped out around 2 thirds of the stock and I'd say it was still overstocked.

After removing the 40 I'd estimate there to be 60 -80 carp left.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/03/2018 at 18:28, crusian said:

Hi Smufter

I guess you have your bait delivered rather than make a special journey up to the M25 ? .

What's your experience of having bait delivered to you , i.e. what courier does ABS use please ? .

:)

Sorry mate. I missed this post!

I don't know which courier ABS use if I'm honest. I have it delivered to work and a driver just calls in with it. Never noticed which jacket he's wearing lol!

Delivery is top notch though, and bait is well packaged.

"Stock" items normally take 3 to 4 days to get to me.

I have a mate who meets the M25 van regularly, he is going to pick my France bait up the day before I go to avoid postage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...