Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cloud9

do I stay or go ????

Right gent's here's my problem , for a number of weeks I have been planning my first overnight trip of the year , this Friday night , now l'm not working on Friday so I can be up and off nice and early, but looking at the forecast for Friday/Saturday is not good , almost continuous rain and the wind shifting round to the east again , so here's my question, would you still go or stay home in the warm with a nice cold beer or two ?

The weather is a bit up and down at the moment, the forecast is wrong as much as it's right though, so you can keep yourself warm, in the knowledge that you are out fishing, keep your beer cold in a cool box and you'll be set :)

Try to get as organised as you can indoors this week, so that if it's raining on arrival you can get set up as quick as poss'. Don't think it's going to be mega cold and the rain will put a few bank holiday anglers off. Recon you deserve a trip Dave, from what you said on another thread........ Bit of "Me time" is always good .

Whack the brolly up , get the rods out and chill...... I find that when it's raining, you get fewer people/anglers walking about the lake, so you get left alone... So it's just you and the fish mate..

Some hot grub, nice brew, and a cosy sleeping bag, turn your phone off,

Perrrfik Rodders my son.

Brollies/brolly systems, which I know you use, come into their own when you need a quick set up in the rain. Oh, and I always stick my sleeping bag in a black bin liner if there's rain expected on arrival. Don't want that getting wet......

The fish are biting mate, I'd be more concerned about some bank space over the Easter Weekend, than a bit of rain....:)

I will be on the bank tomorrow til sunday, At a lake raised above the rest of the surrounding area...Theres also no trees so the slightest wind ends up being a gale, The wind will suck, the rain will suck, the adrenaline you get when your alarm goes makes it all worth it!

Get on the bank mate, get a whacker and post it on here.

3 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

I will be on the bank tomorrow til sunday, At a lake raised above the rest of the surrounding area...Theres also no trees so the slightest wind ends up being a gale, The wind will suck, the rain will suck, the adrenaline you get when your alarm goes makes it all worth it!

Get on the bank mate, get a whacker and post it on here.

Know of a similar lake near me - Hadleigh Res. On top of a hill - fully exposed to the wind coming off the Thames estuary.

was due to load up caravan this morning for an early hours trip to cornwall with the boss and kids for easter week but the holliday company phoned as we were packing to cancel on us cos tehe site is flooded,,,, Gutted you might think 🤔

er!! nope, straight on the phone and booked onto a site 15 mile away with 4 lakes on the complex,, off monday morn, rods in the van now 😂  😂  😂

I work outside. I got soaked Wednesday at work then went baiting up straight from work still soaking. Got soaked again at work yesterday and then again setting up yesterday afternoon in hail,  rain and wind. Just got to get on with it. It's only a bit of water. Be prepared,    I always carry spare clothes in my van. 2 lots of waterproofs and a poncho. Effort  equals reward in my book.