Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

April catch reports.............

Recommended Posts

I still aint caught nothing from my main water in 2018.... but I did see them for the first time this year on my last trip.... 34 of them to be precise(!).... popping their heads out over the deep water. I tried everything.... on the deck and zigs at various depths...... nothing. They'll be moving out of the deeps soon and when they do I'll be there waiting lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, yonny said:

I still aint caught nothing from my main water in 2018.... but I did see them for the first time this year on my last trip.... 34 of them to be precise(!).... popping their heads out over the deep water. I tried everything.... on the deck and zigs at various depths...... nothing. They'll be moving out of the deeps soon and when they do I'll be there waiting lol.

Join the que mate, I'll be waiting for them and already sorted spots in the spring zones!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carpmachine said:

I know some guys on here dispute this, but if you take a piece of meat from the freezer you have to watch out that its defrosted in the middle before you cook it, moral of the story is, we are the centre of the country, the water once cold, holds its low temp, unaltered by coastal effect or rain, Northamptonshire in winter is not the most productive place on earth to fish, good luck boys, the happy time is coming.

Think it's a lot to do with depth as well, our lake is the deepest by far and subsequently the last to switch on, it's similar the the deeper lakes at Bluebell being far behind the others each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't get out yesterday as wife off work for a week and wanted to go for a "romantic" meal instead. I did try to convince her that sitting under a brolly with the old man, sharing a pot noodle was kind of romantic, but she wasn't having any of it. So blew a oner down our local Italian instead....:shock::shock::shock:

Booked for next Tuesday though. Would love an April catch.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Big Mirror" has just been out at White Cottage. 40.6....."my" swim too (Back Pond)

That would have beaten my pb!!

Luckily I've booked it up for the next couple of Tuesdays. They'll be a queue to get in there now!

:shock::shock::shock:

Edited by smufter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prebaited that spot with my plan b and a few of my mates coconut boilies....

 

The bloke who caught it said there were a lot of coconut boilies on the bank with teeth marks in them. I guess the carp didn't like them after all and spat them back out....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, smufter said:

I prebaited that spot with my plan b and a few of my mates coconut boilies....

 

The bloke who caught it said there were a lot of coconut boilies on the bank with teeth marks in them. I guess the carp didn't like them after all and spat them back out....

 

spat them out the water and on to the bank. If they were still in tact then they were taken out the water very quick after being put in. otherwise theyd be soft and anything would have turned them to mush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, greekskii said:

spat them out the water and on to the bank. If they were still in tact then they were taken out the water very quick after being put in. otherwise theyd be soft and anything would have turned them to mush.

It was a joke Mush

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, smufter said:

It was a joke Mush

:lol:

too early...lost on me.

Seems like the fish are getting on your prebait, just unfortunate you arent there to catch them!! Seems like everyone is on to your hot swim and spots though...I'd suggest moving on from there and not tell anyone at all. Keep it to yourself until you have reaped the rewards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/04/2018 at 03:58, smufter said:

"Big Mirror" has just been out at White Cottage. 40.6....."my" swim too (Back Pond)

That would have beaten my pb!!

Luckily I've booked it up for the next couple of Tuesdays. They'll be a queue to get in there now!

:shock::shock::shock:

Here's the fish. Guy who caught it is a really nice bloke, Adam Seddon. What a beaut........(the fish, not Adam!).

 

29792096_1730488250379192_231816676503453696_n.jpg

Edited by smufter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, smufter said:

Off out in another couple of hours.

Going to be setting up in the rain, (never good), but gotta be in it to win it.......

8)

How'd it go Smufter ? .

I wonder if you feel you have the satisfaction of knowing you were targeting the right spot and for the " Big Mirror " ( and prebaiting  ) ? ; maybe you will now be playing things closer to your chest as Greekskii suggests ? .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No luck lads unfortunately. Weather wasn't too bad in the end, the predicted rain had stopped by the time I got there, and the sun came out a bit later so didn't have to use the brolly!

Had one "take" (a bit of a half hearted one) late in the afternoon, but missed it. The big Koi was out strutting her stuff, she's easily visible as she cruises around, how I'd love to catch her. A couple of other fish shouldered but all fairly quiet. Nice to be out though. Couple of other lads were on a 48 in the swim closest to me, they'd had nothing either. One of them had an aborted run at 2 that morning, got him out of the sack. I said to him that if you're going to get an aborted run, 2am is the best time to get one!! :lol::lol::lol:

First time out with the new Asso line. Very impressed I must say. Sinks really, really well. Casts well too and hangs nicely through the rings. Strong too! Got snagged in a branch in my endeavors to get into the small bay. Pulled for a break, line eventually snapped, sounded like the crack from a rifle, you could hear it all around the lake. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad lol!

Oh well, there's always next week. Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×