Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lumeymorris

Does hemp go off??

18 minutes ago, Lumeymorris said:

I've got some pre made Pva friendly hemp left over from last year but the stuff stinks so wasn't sure if it was still of use or no good what do you guys reckon bin it or use it?

Use your nose buddy. If it smells like it's rotting ditch it. If it's fermenting it might be OK. I would have thought if it was preserved/shelf life it'll be time to bin it, not sure it could possibly ferment.

In the bin it goes. And are there things I can do in future to make sure they don't go off on me again other than to use it quicker? As I like to get the Pva friendly stuff for my Pva bags as I don't do a lot of spoding and tend to fish just beyond a catapults reach so each put lasts me quite some time

11 minutes ago, Lumeymorris said:

In the bin it goes. And are there things I can do in future to make sure they don't go off on me again other than to use it quicker? As I like to get the Pva friendly stuff for my Pva bags as I don't do a lot of spoding and tend to fish just beyond a catapults reach so each put lasts me quite some time

Stick it in the freezer after opening. If you need to split down a whole tub, put it into plastic tupperware boxes.

*Showing my age knowing tupperware😖😅🆖

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Stick it in the freezer after opening. If you need to split down a whole tub, put it into plastic tupperware boxes.

*Showing my age knowing tupperware😖😅🆖

Were you a party demonstrator Nick? (you do seem to of had many jobs :lol: )

23 hours ago, ianain said:

Were you a party demonstrator Nick? (you do seem to of had many jobs :lol: )

I wasn't quite born in the 1960's when Tupperware parties were the UK's new big thing😉

I don't think my mother did Tupperware parties, although I can remember usually being told to go out for Ann Summers parties...😖😅

Tupperware is now a generic name for almost all containers with plastic sealed lids.

Just been through my freezer, discovered I still have 4 tubs of particles in there, although in my case, they are in ice cream tubs.