Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
B.C.

Tufty Torch.......

Not the cheapest thing to buy, but judging by the on bank review and demo, could solve a few problems.......

https://picclick.co.uk/Tufty-Torch-Carp-Fishing-Red-Flashlight-CREE-LED-122582749656.html

Spotted it on a you tube vid... I would have cut my right arm off for one of these on my last water... Fast forward the vid until the demo at about 18-20 minutes in, see the coot reaction in broad daylight.

There could well be cheaper versions out there, but this one deffo works judging by the demo....    Coots and Tufties have given me serious headaches before.

I think this is a company chancing their arm! I have a 2200 lumen Cree 6 led torch It’s stupidly bright.....I think this thing is very similar just a different colour led.......but I’m intrigued so I have just ordered The red version and put my money where my mouth is I will report back with my findings 😝

and on a side note I could buy 8 of these for the price of one of the one shown.... ebay item for anyone intrigued like me 

edit- just had payment rejected by eBay saying seller can’t accept payments will update when I sort it 

Edited by spr1985

6 hours ago, spr1985 said:

I think this is a company chancing their arm! I have a 2200 lumen Cree 6 led torch It’s stupidly bright.....I think this thing is very similar just a different colour led.......but I’m intrigued so I have just ordered The red version and put my money where my mouth is I will report back with my findings 😝

and on a side note I could buy 8 of these for the price of one of the one shown.... ebay item for anyone intrigued like me 

edit- just had payment rejected by eBay saying seller can’t accept payments will update when I sort it 

Could be they are sold out, as when I looked they had none left...... During my search though, came across some cheaper ones with red led around 1000 lumens for around the £10 mark.... Surely, that's all they are? Can't believe there is any secret formula to the one in the vid.... Sitting on my hands since my self imposed ban on buying gadgets.... :(

Well a quick search of a site that I use found exactly the same torch with a different name on it within two mins, on further browsing I found it multiple times with multiple names and varying prices, I’m sure it is just a super bright red led nothing special, but I guess if I manage to get my hands on a cheaper version I will be able to test my theory.....

If it is what they say “a Cree 6 led” then it is just a torch,  what we have to remember is....as a species we all see things slightly different so we don’t know how tufties see things they may see red light far better than we do during the day. I shall soon find out when this torch arrives.  

31 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

what we have to remember is....as a species we all see things slightly different so we don’t know how tufties see things they may see red light far better than we do during the day.

And what people tend to forget is that carp can see too lol......

Lasers scare carp half to death, I've tested it from up in the trees. Yes, the tufites will do one but so too will the carp if the beam penetrates the surface (lasers are 10 times more prominent underwater as it's denser than air). I stopped using lasers after that so I'm particularly interested in this tufty torch jobbie. Looking forward to your report Spr!!!!

Edited by yonny
typo

7 hours ago, yonny said:

And what people tend to forget is that carp can see too lol......

Lasers scare carp half to death, I've tested it from up in the trees. Yes, the tufites will do one but so too will the carp if the beam penetrates the surface (lasers are 10 times more prominent underwater as it's denser than air). I stopped using lasers after that so I'm particularly interested in this tufty torch jobbie. Looking forward to your report Spr!!!!

I don’t need to worry about scaring the carp mate......I never catch them anyway 🤣😂