Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

Pop-up advice....

37 minutes ago, snowman01 said:

Yep, you need to have confidence in what you're doing. Whether you can just accept logic, or have to prove something through some sort of test etc. Like if your fishing popups to combat debris etc then find a clear margin spot and plonk your rig on it in a similar way you imagine the cast landing. You can see how it lands and settles, and how it sits. Like I've just changed to a slightly stiffer coated braid for my boom section because I realised sometimes my previous one wouldn't quite boom out enough. 

These are the two slightly different versions of the hinge rig I use. Those tungsten weights balance my homemade 15mm corkballs out nicely, settle slow enough to sit on top of silkweed but don't sink too slowly. In my mind they are also less likely to snag in the weed than swivels, and the stripped bit of braid behind them gives the movement and rotation. 

DSC_1476.JPG

similar to the reverse combi rig i use for my pop ups, i have been putting the weight at the start of the stripped back braid making some of the braid stand up, gives a nice natural movement in the water, think i could of done with something closer to the deck this past week though.

3 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

similar to the reverse combi rig i use for my pop ups, i have been putting the weight at the start of the stripped back braid making some of the braid stand up, gives a nice natural movement in the water, think i could of done with something closer to the deck this past week though.

I like that idea, using a bit of vertical braid for the rotation. I'm imagining the curve of the stuff section and it's rigidity (25lb bristle filament so v stiff) on being sucked in should turn OK. The weights sit nicely over the knot too and stop it picking up silkweed which loves clinging to any small knots etc. I even have to trim any tiny bits of the weight from the manufacturing process to satisfy my ocd! 😂