Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

Anybody up for a trip to France 2020???

A long way away, but the best places get booked up very early.

Having a look at this place, gets very good reviews, good facilities and a decent head of carp to 67lb.

http://www.estatelake.com/en/home/

Looking at early May 2020, price of a lake exclusive is £2,100.00 drive 'n survive. Should be early enough to avoid spawning, but late enough to get a decent amount of daylight hours and temps. It "could" be munch time lol!!

Apparently can take up to 9 anglers so that would work out at a paltry £233.00 each.

Looks idyllic.

Anyone fancy it (in principle)??????

Edited by smufter

7 hours ago, cloud9 said:

Just need to have a little chat with my mate and there could be two interested ....

I've also got one other who PM'd me from here interested and a couple of mates of mine.

Despite the lake advertising the fact that they can take 9 on a lake exclusive, after emailing the owners I reckon 8 would be better to give ourselves a little more room.

So that works out at £263.75 each.

The week I am talking about is from Saturday 9th May (2020!!).

I have asked the owners to "reserve" that week for me for a couple of months to confirm names and pull in the required deposit (50%).

Rob

I reckon I could be up for this mate ... some big commons to try for & looks a nice venue . 20 acres & 9 anglers works out about right , good bit of water each but not to far away from everyone for the social side of things 😎

Missed the bit where you said 8 anglers would be better .... probably a good shout. Take a deposit off everyone early next year who's keen . Then a final payment when the venue needs paying for in full . I don't think your be short of takers closer to the time anyway .

But pencil me in if you would 8)

On 07/05/2018 at 10:12, chillfactor said:

Missed the bit where you said 8 anglers would be better .... probably a good shout. Take a deposit off everyone early next year who's keen . Then a final payment when the venue needs paying for in full . I don't think your be short of takers closer to the time anyway .

But pencil me in if you would 8)

I would do mate, but the venue are pushing for a 50% deposit to reserve asap, despite the fact we are two years away!

So £1,050.00 required immediately, which is putting me off a little if I'm honest.

I have booked Lake Beauregard for myself and five mates from White Cottage for July 2019. 
Despite all six of us being prepared to pay the deposit when I booked it (November last year) the owner said he doesn't want it until a year before the trip, which has given us plenty of time to arrange things and we've got a meeting planned for 23rd June when I can collect the monies. And he only wants £100.00 per person, not 50% of the holiday cost.

Hi rob , we are going to drop out from this one thanks mate , looking likely that there could be a wedding coming up in 2020 that's going to cost me a fortune (daughter's) maybe next time......

10 hours ago, cloud9 said:

Hi rob , we are going to drop out from this one thanks mate , looking likely that there could be a wedding coming up in 2020 that's going to cost me a fortune (daughter's) maybe next time......

Thanks for letting me know mate, but I don't think I'll be booking this now, purely based on the deposit they are asking for just to "hold" the week. I've asked if they will take a smaller deposit for the time being as a sign of good faith, but they want the whole £1,050.00 which I'm not prepared to shell out this far in advance. Most places I know would "pencil" a name in for a few weeks/couple of months to give you a proper chance to organise things, especially this far ahead of a planned trip. A lot can happen in two years!!

On 26/04/2018 at 10:44, smufter said:

A long way away, but the best places get booked up very early.

Having a look at this place, gets very good reviews, good facilities and a decent head of carp to 67lb.

http://www.estatelake.com/en/home/

Looking at early May 2020, price of a lake exclusive is £2,100.00 drive 'n survive. Should be early enough to avoid spawning, but late enough to get a decent amount of daylight hours and temps. It "could" be munch time lol!!

Apparently can take up to 9 anglers so that would work out at a paltry £233.00 each.

Looks idyllic.

Anyone fancy it (in principle)??????

Hi I’m lenny new on here I am   Interested in joining you maybe 2020 I have not got the hang of this site yet  are usually go to France three times a year but this sounds a little different be in touch 

54 minutes ago, Lenny sterriker said:

Hi I’m lenny new on here I am   Interested in joining you maybe 2020 I have not got the hang of this site yet  are usually go to France three times a year but this sounds a little different be in touch 

Thanks for your interest Lenny but see above. I won't be booking it due to the owners wanting over £1,000.00 deposit to "pencil" us in for a month or two.