Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
B.C.

Help with mobile phone.....

My Smart phone is about to pack up and need to replace it..... Been looking at I phones, older models 5's and 6's...... Any techies out there can tell me the differences between these and the newer models.... I'm a bit of a dinosaur with this sort of thing.... Just need it for, calls, texts, decent camera, note book and the odd useful app.... Was thinking that a 5 or 6 would do the job, cheaper too.

Open to other suggestions too, my previous smartphone was a Galaxy.... Didn't use half the functions?

Just looking for a half decent smartphone with good battery life........ Cheers.

I just moved over to Samsung after many, many years as an iphone man. I had all of them (iphones) including the 5 and the 6, both good phones. But... the Samsung's do exactly the same thing for nearly half the price. They also have better cameras on them and the battery life is longer. For value you need to stick with a Galaxy buddy.

i have had a Galaxy for the last 4 generations, never a problem at all.

the hairy boss however is on her first samsung after a lifetime of putting up with Iphones/pods/pads/tabs and the inbuilt faults like the way that Apple shortened the battery life on older phones to drive new sales, glass prone to break and no replacements available (prob to drive new sales)

the way that Apple controls what Apps you can install, drops models (5 and 6) from their update schedule and other control stuff, (prob to drive new sales) stick with the galaxy buddy :wink::lol:

Edited by cyborx

I have now had two windows phones and I do like the freedom with the apps away from Apple , my wife has a iPhone and my battery life is a lot longer than hers, the only thing is with the older phones is some of the apps don't work with them 

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:34, cloud9 said:

I have now had two windows phones and I do like the freedom with the apps away from Apple , my wife has a iPhone and my battery life is a lot longer than hers, the only thing is with the older phones is some of the apps don't work with them 

I have the Nokia Lumia windows phone and it's all I need. Battery life is excellent, apps pretty good. The camera isn't the best in the world, not the worst, either. I'd have another, no problem. Only limiting factor to a smart phone is not having a smart owner.........

Ian

Currently have the SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 Edge...as long as i can remeber i have never been interested any any other modle than samsung....my best samsung was the Galaxy S5...u could by an extended battery around 5000 milli amp and not charge for 3 days...may even go back...but the camera on the Galaxy range is the bestive come across...

12 hours ago, Highy said:

Currently have the SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 Edge...as long as i can remeber i have never been interested any any other modle than samsung....my best samsung was the Galaxy S5...u could by an extended battery around 5000 milli amp and not charge for 3 days...may even go back...but the camera on the Galaxy range is the bestive come across...

S9 is all about the camera, its touted as a camera you can make calls on :lol:

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:57, cyborx said:

S9 is all about the camera, its touted as a camera you can make calls on :lol:

Love this.  Mind you, I like most daft things.

Ian