Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
chillfactor

Who still ?

16 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Roll your boilie mix into sausage and boil. Then cut it into pieces as you put it on the hair; works in two ways the difficult unusual shape, and extra leakage from a cut bait😉

And it looks like a 💩 😂

I came across a rig a few months back, called the bol llox  rig , I didn't really look into how it's tied but it uses two bottom baits that sit next to each other and apparently is very difficult for the fish to deal with ...

9 minutes ago, cloud9 said:

I came across a rig a few months back, called the bol llox  rig , I didn't really look into how it's tied but it uses two bottom baits that sit next to each other and apparently is very difficult for the fish to deal with ...

that would be easy to do, just do a standard hair rig but with 3 hairs.

39 minutes ago, cloud9 said:

On 16/03/2007 at 18:25, salokcinnodrog said:

If its the 3 boilies on 3 hair set up its weird, and looks like a pair of Testicles with an Organ poking down.

A boilie either side of the Hook shank and the 3rd on a Normal Hair.

To be Honest, its a pain to tie, and is just complicating the Issue

Say what you think Nick :lol:

Personally I think that Iain must have something wrong digging that post up from 2007 ????? Maybe it's something to do with his mind storing information away ......

Edited by cloud9
more stuff again

3 hours ago, cloud9 said:

Personally I think that Iain must have something wrong digging that post up from 2007 ????? Maybe it's something to do with his mind storing information away ......

nah buddy!! hes just plain wrong 😂😂😂

12 hours ago, ianain said:

Say what you think Nick :lol:

Could be worse if he dug up the pics I put up as well...😖

Kind of thank goodness that photobucket won't do 3rd party hosting for that.

He's not the only one with a good long term memory😉

As for The Biollix, it was a brilliant bait; an alternative to fishmeals. It was before its time😉

13 hours ago, cloud9 said:

9 hours ago, cyborx said:

Practising digging up worms :oops:

9 hours ago, cyborx said:

Wouldn't be the first time :lol:

But at least I am allowed to say that you both talk ...

Edited by ianain
Cuz I kan

On 04/05/2018 at 08:53, nigewoodcock said:

Even on clean bottoms, I still prefer the hook to be turned up and cocked. The multi rig I tie literally has the eye of the hook almost on the deck for clean bottoms, slightly higher for a dirtier bottom. 

Mid a fish feeds by sucking from any distance, it will fly away in, as would a bottom bait. But if the fish feeds by ‘picking’ them it should still work, where a bottom bait would generally fail. 

Hello Nige .

So now I'm confused :( .

You are an advocate of a low Pop Up , as opposed to one 3" to hopefully single out a bigger average size of Carp ? .

Also you prefer a Multi Rig as you can change your hook easily , rather than a Ronnie Rig ? .

Ta 

:)

I like the mechanics of the multi rig. Changing the hook easily is a massive bonus though as I hate tieing rigs up; it bores me. 

I’ve never liked the Ronnie as I don’t like the way the hook sits in the quick link. Phil will testify to this as we talked about it a couple of years back whilst on the bank. 

If I was to use one with a quick link, it would be with the new claw hooks. They sit a lot more to my liking but still have that niggle about the hook and quick link connection. 

Now the gyro hooks have been released, I would quite happily use one made up with one of them. They have a much better connection to the swivel, being part of it! 

9 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

I like the mechanics of the multi rig. Changing the hook easily is a massive bonus though as I hate tieing rigs up; it bores me. 

I’ve never liked the Ronnie as I don’t like the way the hook sits in the quick link. Phil will testify to this as we talked about it a couple of years back whilst on the bank. 

If I was to use one with a quick link, it would be with the new claw hooks. They sit a lot more to my liking but still have that niggle about the hook and quick link connection. 

Now the gyro hooks have been released, I would quite happily use one made up with one of them. They have a much better connection to the swivel, being part of it! 

Thanks , Nige .

I also am reluctant to tie up Rigs , I find myself continually delaying the task 😔.

😀

Edited by crusian
Thought of something else

13 hours ago, carpmachine said:

Couple of peanuts, fermented  and prebaited, will catch you loads of fish, pop ups where required by rubbish on the deck only otherwise a fashion product

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to go " nutty " on my water CM 😿.

However , on my back up water 😀

The number of fish I have caught on pop-ups on certain waters, I have lost count.

One of my favourite winter runs waters, until I got a bait established, almost every fish came on pop-ups, and the flavour would change in winter almost every week. Some weeks it was Pineapple N-Butyric, others Green Zing, sometimes bright pink Squid and Octopus, sometimes high visibility orange Monster Crab, and on a week session for 3/4 days on Garlic Spice in burgundy colour until the food bait kicked in.

On Trimley top lake I caught the first 20 caught from there and another cracking double from a quiet leaf lined corner on Trigga pop-ups on a D-rig, popped up a couple of inches. 

The local park lake, popped up sweetcorn fished stack style, 2 real grains topped with 2 fake pieces, popped up half an inch off the bottom, over a bed of Vitalin, and in winter Pineapple N-Butyric would produce fish when all else was blanking.

To say pop-ups are a waste of time is tunnel vision; some waters particles and or nuts are banned (and for good reason), at times high visibility or over flavoured pop-ups produce when the bottom baits don't catch 'owt. Maybe there is too much uneaten bait on the bottom, maybe bottom baits get covered in silt, maybe the fish don't want to dig into silt, whereas a bait on top of it will produce.

Even Nazeing, although I mostly catch on double bottom baits or snowman set-ups, peanuts and tiger nuts are banned, I have caught fish on pop-ups. 

I think both pop-ups and bottom baits have their best times, best lakes, even best swims, or just push fish into an inquisitive take anywhere.