Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

Wish me luck!!.................

On 07/05/2018 at 18:15, cyborx said:

i have got the AS 2 man and that price looks like a steal,,, its mahoosive, room for two  bed chairs (wide boys) and kit for a week AND that leaves room to have a dance in the middle, pram hood style and bivvy itself goes up in mins, if you do put the wrap on it gives you almost another Mtr in length

downside, if you dont have a barra or the ability to park behind your swim its a tad on the heavy side (just under 19.5k) comes with seperate g/sheet and overwrap but wont need the overwrap till the weather turns.

list price is £439.99 so £125?? no brainer :lol:

Cyborx...could i have some info on how you get on with yours...im 90% on ordering it this week and all the reviews are HOT on it....also is it the same as the Queat version...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HYBE67Q/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_U6F8AbC8AJBR1

6 minutes ago, smufter said:

Fairly easy mate. But let's just say it was a much neater looking package before than after lol! Plenty of room in the bag though

Sounds good then...think today i will commit to the Carp-Zone A.S version of the Quest...£125 for the 2 man bivvy & overwrap..😁

19 hours ago, Highy said:

Cyborx...could i have some info on how you get on with yours...im 90% on ordering it this week and all the reviews are HOT on it....also is it the same as the Queat version...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HYBE67Q/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_U6F8AbC8AJBR1

there are a few differences which is to be expected, weight Quest = 11k  C/Zone = 19k but the Chubb includes the weight of the overwrap and i also got an extra set of T-pegs too.

the peak does look a little  longer on the Quest but i find the one on the C/Zone is more than adequate.

overwrap included in the C/Zone price but an extra £75 with the Quest.

the C/Zone is a little larger in all dims, not by much but i am sure if i had an extra 5cm it would make me a bigger man :wink:

the front unzips on both but the kicker for me was the ease of erecting it, i can have it up and all my gear squared away in under 5 mins.

finally C/Zone £124.99 all in, Quest £209.99 all in = £84 to spend on more kit (and who dont want more kit) :lol::lol:

not going to say that "you should buy it" but i would recomend it without reservations tho i will say that i have not had any experience with the Quest bivvy what so ever.

good luck and remember,,,,, lets be careful out there :wink:

2 hours ago, cyborx said:

there are a few differences which is to be expected, weight Quest = 11k  C/Zone = 19k but the Chubb includes the weight of the overwrap and i also got an extra set of T-pegs too.

the peak does look a little  longer on the Quest but i find the one on the C/Zone is more than adequate.

overwrap included in the C/Zone price but an extra £75 with the Quest.

the C/Zone is a little larger in all dims, not by much but i am sure if i had an extra 5cm it would make me a bigger man :wink:

the front unzips on both but the kicker for me was the ease of erecting it, i can have it up and all my gear squared away in under 5 mins.

finally C/Zone £124.99 all in, Quest £209.99 all in = £84 to spend on more kit (and who dont want more kit) :lol::lol:

not going to say that "you should buy it" but i would recomend it without reservations tho i will say that i have not had any experience with the Quest bivvy what so ever.

good luck and remember,,,,, lets be careful out there :wink:

Well I've bit the bullet and ordered the C/Zone bivvy..arriving over weeweekend ...Hopefully it will do the job for me n little lad on the 18th...36hr session...

8 hours ago, Highy said:

Well I've bit the bullet and ordered the C/Zone bivvy..arriving over weeweekend ...Hopefully it will do the job for me n little lad on the 18th...36hr session...

An absolute steal at the price mate, and I hope you're pleased with it when it arrives.
I only got mine for the French trip I have coming up with my daughter. Don't normally use a bivvy, preferring to use my brolly for overnighters but as this will be my first full week away "under canvas" I thought that a cheap bivvy would be worth getting. I don't need an overwrap because I don't usually venture out overnight during the colder months when condensation could be a problem, but if the deal you went for had been available when I got mine, it would have been a "no brainer" to go for it!
The quality of the Quest seems fine for the money, the groundsheet seems very good, nice and thick, much better quality than some of the cheaper ones I have seen. 
We will take my Wychwood MHR brolly with us as well, and I will most probably end up sleeping under that and give my daughter free run of the Quest. I snore for England, and I don't really want to inflict that on her!
We're going in July, so the weather "should" be good, but if we get a thunderstorm forecast, or a really heavy downpour I'll move into the bivvy with her to be on the safe side. I'm sure we'll cope.

👍

On 9 May 2018 at 07:24, smufter said:

Fairly easy mate. But let's just say it was a much neater looking package before than after lol! Plenty of room in the bag though

Don't think i've ever managed to put a bivvy away as tightly as it was packed. Been so bad I couldn't even get the groundsheet in the bag it came it with the bivvy a few times, good job the rod and bivvy holdall fits it in when i'm that messy😖

7 hours ago, Highy said:

Well.....its arrived...QUICK THAT WAS...didnt think it would all fit in 1 bag...but its huge...jus need the weather to hold off then  attempt a put up of it 😁😁

It might be worth scouring You Tube for videos of other pram hood style bivvies being put up and taken down. They may be different brands, but they all tend to work under the same principle!

This is what I did and it certainly helps. Just take your time, don't panic, and it will all fall in to place. My trial run has certainly helped understand the blooming thing lol!!

Here's how to dismantle one, which gives you some handy tips...

And this one might help you with putting it up!!

Edited by smufter

16 hours ago, Highy said:

Well.....its arrived...QUICK THAT WAS...didnt think it would all fit in 1 bag...but its huge...jus need the weather to hold off then  attempt a put up of it 😁😁

congrats boyo!! a few tips for ya.

roll out the bivvy and lay the poles flat,start at the middle and join each rib but work up from the bottom one to the top, going left or right (not both) do each joint in a rinse and repeat stylee till you get to the bottom then start again at the middle joint and do the other side, at this point you can get the lanyard that should be clipped onto the right hinge and clip into the ring on the opposite side.

grab all four roof stretchers and stand behind bivvy, starting with the shortest spread the ribs and lock in place as you go the last one (with a point on) will go into a hole on the pegging tab to hold it down.

from that point just chuck it into your chosen position and firk the groundsheet in place, their is a logo on the front edge and i find it easy to place this central in the door then flatten left and right from there.

when putting the bivvy away i just sweep the groundsheet off first then take the bivvy down on it, keeps any dirt/mud off and then you just need to wash the one thing, have fun :lol::lol:

7 hours ago, cyborx said:

congrats boyo!! a few tips for ya.

roll out the bivvy and lay the poles flat,start at the middle and join each rib but work up from the bottom one to the top, going left or right (not both) do each joint in a rinse and repeat stylee till you get to the bottom then start again at the middle joint and do the other side, at this point you can get the lanyard that should be clipped onto the right hinge and clip into the ring on the opposite side.

grab all four roof stretchers and stand behind bivvy, starting with the shortest spread the ribs and lock in place as you go the last one (with a point on) will go into a hole on the pegging tab to hold it down.

from that point just chuck it into your chosen position and firk the groundsheet in place, their is a logo on the front edge and i find it easy to place this central in the door then flatten left and right from there.

when putting the bivvy away i just sweep the groundsheet off first then take the bivvy down on it, keeps any dirt/mud off and then you just need to wash the one thing, have fun :lol::lol:

Cheers Cyborx/Smufter...had a break in weather about tea time and blazin sun 15.C but will get round to it Sunday...should be waemwr then...also found this vid...

I also use a wide boy bedchair and if can hold 2 of them with space... were on to summat me n little lad..👍

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Cheers Cyborx/Smufter...had a break in weather about tea time and blazin sun 15.C but will get round to it Sunday...should be waemwr then...also found this vid...I also use a wide boy bedchair and if can hold 2 of them with space... were on to summat me n little lad..👍

It does look roomier than my Quest mate, and at the price you got it for, an absolute steal.... with or without the overwrap!!

Had the offer you saw been available when I was carrying out my "research" I would have snapped it up, so you got a blinding deal.

Every so often a true bargain comes along. You just got one. Enjoy......👍👍👍

Well...up it went after aboit 45mins...very spacious...tried it with n without wrap...Awsome 

Putting away..mmmmm...bivvy bag could with being a zip bag...pegs could be in a pull string bag...but easy to put away...pics to follow