Any other motorcyclists on here?

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:07, gagnaccarp said:

Ive always had a bike or two , started when I was  10 on a ty 80 , at 17 I had a kmx 125 then  a cbr 600 then yam 660 tenere , I enjoy renovating them as much as riding nowadays , I have a bsa c15 with   oil carrying frame and modern ignition system that I built 20 years ago , here is one I finished a  month ago , not managed to compete on it yet as I pulled my back out 3 weeks ago ,

fantic pro 1.JPG

I've always fancied a trials bike. Had a couple of Kawasaki KX crossers years ago, a KX125 then the 250. That 250 was a wild thing once it came on the pipe!

In later years I bought an unfinished BSA Bantam trials bike and finished it. Great fun and still regret ever selling it. In one of my sheds I have the bare bones of a rigid framed Bantam Competition Model. All of the parts I've gathered over several years are the real deal so, eventually, I'll build the thing and go playing.

Ian

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 1994 Urban Tiger Fireblade. Full rolling-road Dynojet system, free-flow air filter, braided brake lines. I loved this motorcycle. Ian.

This is Tango, my Z750. Just had new chain and sprockets, exhaust gaskets, service and MOT. I really hope I get out this year.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, ianfrog said:

I am surprised the reply was so polite lol.

A Hardly F**kin Movinson as If !

More like a motorcycle.

Cheers

Ian

I looked at a Roadster and whilst the overall concepts are alike, that's where the comparison ends... The Harley's power is approx 55bhp, my Thunderbird Sport is 82 bhp, now I know you lose a bit in the transmission, so call it 50 for the HD and 75 for the Triumph at the rear wheels.... Fuel wise my TBS will get 170 out of a tank, the HD.... well probably just over the hundred miles

top end on the HD about 110mph... on the TBS just about 130mph (bit like making yer granny run 100mts, she could do it, but she'd be wheezing a bit)

The main difference is with the Triumph you don't have to stop and tighten every nut and bolt on the bike owing to the vibes on a 45 degree twin....😛🤣

All that said.... the Harley is as cool as a Penguin's pecker.... but then so is my T'Bird.... diff'rent strokes 'n'all that

Ride safe lads👍😎

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 21/09/2019 at 09:25, finchey said:

Seriously thinking about selling my old girl, I'm just not riding anymore it seems a waste when someone else could be enjoying riding like I used too. 😥

Well didn't end up selling her. I've not been fishing since the beginning of July for one reason and another so I ended up getting the bike back out and spending more money on her on general maintenance and then she is still not right so I'm going to end up costing me more money but she is staying I can't bear to sell her.😁👍

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, bluelabel said:

New toy on the way in about 3 weeks time... part ex'ing my Thunderbird for a 2017 Triumph Bobber... Happy daze

Enjoy! I recently sold my Urban Tiger Fireblade which I'd owned for 20 years. I got more for it than I paid for it! I'm looking to buy a Royal Enfield 500 Bullet but may be swayed to a Triumph Triple. We shall see.

Ian.

23 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Mines further up the page... with the DeHavilland Mosquito

I saw your bike with the plane, nice pic. I took a triumph thruxton out for a test ride, whist it was a nice bike the guys in the dealership were less than helpful so I opted for a bmw R nine T special.

On 16/06/2018 at 23:07, gagnaccarp said:

Ive always had a bike or two , started when I was  10 on a ty 80 , at 17 I had a kmx 125 then  a cbr 600 then yam 660 tenere , I enjoy renovating them as much as riding nowadays , I have a bsa c15 with   oil carrying frame and modern ignition system that I built 20 years ago , here is one I finished a  month ago , not managed to compete on it yet as I pulled my back out 3 weeks ago ,

fantic pro 1.JPG

Awesome 

23 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

That BMW looks the dogs is the bottom off roader a 650?

Honda's newish CMX 500 rebel would be my bike of choice these days, if i was so inclined, which I'm not, apparently lol

The bottom pic is my husqvana fe 501 (500 cc single) which is one hell of a beast, I also have a husqvana fe 350 ( same bike but 350 cc ) it is a bit lighter and it also demands a bit of respect when riding off road if you don’t want to go over the back.. both husqvana’s are enduro bikes that somehow ( loophole in the law ) you can get registered for the road..

here is the 350.. alongside my mates husky 701  

I recon now I am sixty, I should settle down and stop all this off-road nonsense 😉, but there again you only live once.. 

F15EF23E-9641-4C19-B723-F08CDBB19CB2.jpeg

1489B0DA-A55B-4601-88DA-F82773854F38.jpeg

Edited by Choprider